Lil' Wayne - The Carter 3 Mixtape

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
I am sure this shit is old, and plenty of people dont fuck with dude(or at least not anymore)..and I it probably has much of the same shit that was on other mixtapes recently(but this doesnt have all the DJ drops,etc)...but shit is bangin' regardless. Hopefully..if this is any indication..The Carter 3 might be the best out of the three(ive heard this is official from Waynes camp, who know though?). Personally, i'll take a Weezy mixtape over his LPs anyday..think this time it'll be different?Download or stream it for free here:http://forums.datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-The-Carter-3-Mixtape-mid5689.html#

Comments

• I really like the track he did on Twista's new album. You shoudl check that out, it's called "Whip Game Proper". I think I heard this Carter 3 mix, it was OK. This one might be different. I'm always willing to check this guy's stuff out. Thanks.

btw, here's a better link (megaupload):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6S9RCD10

• Isnt that the Track the Runners were producing in that half assed youtube interview?

I havnt heard what they turned it into and I really like the runners sound, but that beat with the bells and the poorly chopped screwed vocal sample

We do this on the TI joint was a million times hotter than that.
    Generally I feel like the runners are falling off fast. Or is there anything new they got that I missed?

I was pretty excited for TC III, but after reading a recent interview where weezy mentions the producer lineup it seems like Wayne is going opposite from what the east is doing: Getting that New York sound on a Southern Album???
    I don't know man, I was hoping for some new t-mix beats. That shit hit Hardddddd on TC II. My simple guess will be, it will sound like his mixtapes and not like an album. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong in 2 months time.

• Yeah, I havent heard the Twista track..although I heard his newer lp is good. Ill have to check it out.
    I like this mixtape better than the other recent Weezy tapes ive heard.

• I dunno, maybe you're more critical than me. I thought the track was good. Vocal samples didn't seem that sloppy. Maybe a little bit before it says "package on the way". The beat is simple, maybe not what you're used to from the Runners. I like the simple stuff though, and the harmonies work, changes work. It's not the best song on the Twista album, that's for sure.

I don't really know what to expect from Carter III, but I think Weezy is smart enough to realize that after all the talk of recording 500 tracks for the album or whatever, he has to put together a good album with his material, it can't sound like another mixtape. You never know though, that might be exactly what happens!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I don't really know what to expect from Carter III

I don't think Weezy does either...

• I am just tired of being disappointed by his albums..Honestly I wouldnt mind another terd of an album if he would could just have a real deal massive hit single..just to shut 50's ass up(as if that would ever happen).

• You didn't like Carter II?

• It was alright..not great..not bad. I'd just like to see dude put out a really dope lp...classic status kinda shit. With the amount of good/great stuff he puts out that gets put on mixtapes(which is a ridiculous amount), it seems this would have already happened.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It was alright..not great..not bad. I'd just like to see dude put out a really dope lp...classic status kinda shit. With the amount of good/great stuff he puts out that gets put on mixtapes(which is a ridiculous amount), it seems this would have already happened.

The Carter 2 is classic.

• The Carter 2 1 is classic.

2 was ill, I couldnt stop listening to this for a long time, best LP that year fo sho still... if youd even go that far I'd consider plenty other weezy releases classic over TC II.

Anybody remember that old joint fuck the world? Thats classic shit, he must have been like 17 or something on that

for carter one... man so many ill and some classic tracks.
    Still homie is right, he needs to put out some crazy shit and not a bogus album like everyone has been since like ....uhhhhh 2001?

Aint that a bitch off carter one is ill too, and mannie freshs hoes gets me when in drunk mode every time.

Sad thing is, hes so full of himself, he probably cant even see shit as it is anymore.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

The Carter 2 1 is classic.

2 was ill, I couldnt stop listening to this for a long time, best LP that year fo sho still... if youd even go that far I'd consider plenty other weezy releases classic over TC II.

Anybody remember that old joint fuck the world? Thats classic shit, he must have been like 17 or something on that

for carter one... man so many ill and some classic tracks.
    Still homie is right, he needs to put out some crazy shit and not a bogus album like everyone has been since like ....uhhhhh 2001?

Aint that a bitch off carter one is ill too, and mannie freshs hoes gets me when in drunk mode every time.

Sad thing is, hes so full of himself, he probably cant even see shit as it is anymore.

There were better raps IMO on Carter II. But i'm not really trying to compare the two as much as just saying that regardless of which one of his albums is best, Carter II is still classic.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Am I the only one who really liked "Like father like son"? I mean, I'm obviously coughing and turning my head sideways and/or doing the "Lalalala" thing, hands over ears and all, during every Baby verse. But the Weezy verses and the beats more than make up for it.

• I don't really know what to expect from Carter III

I don't think Weezy does either...
    He supposedly has over 200 songs already recorded for it.

• Am I the only one who really liked "Like father like son"? I mean, I'm obviously coughing and turning my head sideways and/or doing the "Lalalala" thing, hands over ears and all, during every Baby verse. But the Weezy verses and the beats more than make up for it.

Baby verses are whatever, not great, but not so bad that I can't listen to the songs. He's easy to ignore, I guess. Anwyay, I'm with you, I think that album bangs. It has some great beats on it, some great Weezy raps. Shit, if Baby wasn't on there, that would be the album everybody else in this thread is waiting for, in my opinion.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Am I the only one who really liked "Like father like son"? I mean, I'm obviously coughing and turning my head sideways and/or doing the "Lalalala" thing, hands over ears and all, during every Baby verse. But the Weezy verses and the beats more than make up for it.

No--I find myself going back to that one more than most of the other albums released last year.

Good production, and I think that the fact that it's not a "real" Weezy album made him feel like he had license to have more fun with it than on The Carter II, which suffered somewhat from being a self-serious "best rapper alive" campaign.

• Honestly, I never even heard the whole Like Father,Like Son record...sounds like I might be sleepin'

• Honestly, I never even heard the whole Like Father,Like Son record...sounds like I might be sleepin'

Stop sleepin'!

Also, special edition bonus disc.

• word em up.

• Am I the only one who really liked "Like father like son"? I mean, I'm obviously coughing and turning my head sideways and/or doing the "Lalalala" thing, hands over ears and all, during every Baby verse. But the Weezy verses and the beats more than make up for it.

No--I find myself going back to that one more than most of the other albums released last year.

Good production, and I think that the fact that it's not a "real" Weezy album made him feel like he had license to have more fun with it than on The Carter II, which suffered somewhat from being a self-serious "best rapper alive" campaign.

I really dig it. "Leather so Soft" is one of the best things I heard this year.