College Park (MD) record show 12/1

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Got the e-mail today! Can't wait. Howdy, vinyl merchants! The next WMUC Record Swap is now (finally!!!) set and confirmed for Saturday, December 1st! We're going to do it in the same room (The Atrium) as before, plus we're expanding into the adjacent Prince George's Room - similar, but a little smaller. Similar arrangement, but we'll have about 50 tables available this time. We're going to keep the price low - $25 per table this time. All proceeds go to benefit WMUC 88.1 FM, the DC area's last true college radio station. I'm taking initial reservations now - Please let me know if you're interesting in joining us again for this event! There's been a lot of buzz on campus since the last one, so it looks like people are really getting excited for the next! The University has cleared us to put on this event once a semester. We picked this date so that we wouldn't be competing with a home football or basketball game, which would have made parking all but impossible. Remember, this is a college crowd, so it's your chance to unload some cheap stuff. You know, the oddities, the curiosities, the conversation pieces, the weird, funny stuff, and the less-than-mint pieces. College students won't haggle with you about condition - they'll be more than happy to buy stacks o' stuff so long as it won't cut TOO heavily into their beer budget. As before, we'll have the tunes rollin'. This time, we'll have refreshments too! More in the works, stay tuned! Feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions! -Scotty-- Scott MaxwellEmail: [email]metalmax@gmail.com[/email]Phone: 240-603-9040

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    YES

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I will be there.

I might as well take the opportunity here to guage any interest in having a DC Soulstrut record swap at my house sometime in November. What are the best times for folks, best days (between Fri night thru Sunday night). I have run it by Neville C as well as a couple of other dealers and collectors around town and they have been enthusiastic. Richmond types would be invited too! Admission would consist of something to grill (yes, even if it's cold out) and/or a six-pack of your favorite beverage! Post up here or PM me if you are interested. I am in NE DC, in the Woodridge neighborhood, easily accessible from MD and VA.

• Awesome. Thank you for putting in the work to make this happen.

• Bump for those that missed it the first time.

• Last time was great, but this time it looks like it could be even better! I'll be there with a full table of goodies

• I'm sure everyone had a great time last spring; this one will surely be better. Great finds last time around.

I'm helping out with the show as well so feel free to PM me for more info.