50 Cent Takeover on Hot 97 (DJ Mister Cee)

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Today's the 50 Cent Takeover on Hot 97 with 50 and his cohorts guest hosting shows throughout the day. I recorded my favorite daily show on Hot 97 - DJ Mister Cee's Throwback at Noon. Today's show goes through some of 50's favorite throwback joints. I missed the first 15 minutes with "T.R.O.Y.", "The Bridge Is Over", and others. Apologies for the static; I recorded with my mp3 player in hand as I was running around a track. Honestly, listening to Cee's show makes me remember why I became a hip-hop / music fanatic in the first place. If you guys are into this sort of mix show stuff, I can record more shows and post them. Peace.

Comments

• I recorded with my mp3 player in hand as I was running around a track.

Where is that track? It's somewhere close, I know...what was the street name again? Wait...??salgo aqu???

• NOT TO MY RECOLLECTION![/b]

• Options
    I was listening to this, it was a good time but I only heard from 12:15 on. I liked when they dropped the Sylvers tune that I always think is the Jackson 5 but know it isn't but still can never remember who it is. Kane, Rakim, EPMD, Gap Band, it was a good show today.

Cee really kills it in the afternoon. The show he did the day after JamMaster Jay got shot was an all-time classic, did you hear that at all? I'd love to find a copy of it, I was in the truck that day and couldn't record it.

• yeah keep posting those..I wouldnt mind.

• Cee really kills it in the afternoon. The show he did the day after JamMaster Jay got shot was an all-time classic, did you hear that at all? I'd love to find a copy of it, I was in the truck that day and couldn't record it.

Yes, I did hear that one. He ANNHILATED IT! I wish I did record it. One thing that I like about Cee is that he always gives props on birthdays and days of remembrance.

I just learned how to record on this thing, so I'll try to remember to record & post shows from time to time. He goes off on some occasions, derailing from the standard hip-hop sets, which I think is great. One day he did a throwback Beenie Man vs. Buju Banton set for like 30 minutes or so. Straight heat. A few weeks back he did 80s pop hits. It was crazy hearing a bunch of old heads, calling up, gettin open to that kinda stuff. I like to remember music when EVERYBODY was jamming all kinds of shit across the board, and you just didn't listen to rock, rap, or whatever.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Nice. Thanks for putting this up.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What was the Throwback @ Noon? I was sneaker shoppin and they has this on the Radio. I didnt want to stay in the store just hear what the big request was. MR C said he spent the entire morning lookin for the rekkid, that 50 and them wanted.

• What was the Throwback @ Noon?

The Gap Band "We Can Make It Alright". Apparently this was a Southside Queens anthem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDHTHLu8moc

Today he's doing a Tupac tribute.

• I am missing a live stream????

• Options
    Cee really kills it in the afternoon. The show he did the day after JamMaster Jay got shot was an all-time classic, did you hear that at all? I'd love to find a copy of it, I was in the truck that day and couldn't record it.

Yes, I did hear that one. He ANNHILATED IT! I wish I did record it. One thing that I like about Cee is that he always gives props on birthdays and days of remembrance.

I just learned how to record on this thing, so I'll try to remember to record & post shows from time to time. He goes off on some occasions, derailing from the standard hip-hop sets, which I think is great. One day he did a throwback Beenie Man vs. Buju Banton set for like 30 minutes or so. Straight heat. A few weeks back he did 80s pop hits. It was crazy hearing a bunch of old heads, calling up, gettin open to that kinda stuff. I like to remember music when EVERYBODY was jamming all kinds of shit across the board, and you just didn't listen to rock, rap, or whatever.

I heard that Beenie vs. Buju, he also did one one day recently that was Buju vs. Bounty Killer.

• I am missing a live stream????

Nope. They don't stream

The Tupac show wasn't that great so I won't post, unless the ppl really wanna hear it.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I like to remember music when EVERYBODY was jamming all kinds of shit across the board, and you just didn't listen to rock, rap, or whatever.

Shit, I can remember when almost EVERY radio station was like this.

• thanks for this.