Not being a fat bastard anymore appreciation

manchildmanchild 56 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
So I left home 2 months ago in the worst shape I've ever been in, starting to resemble something of a human pudding I remember weighing myself and coming in around 95 kgs (210 pounds) and I knew i lost a little since then but then a friend from home showed me photos from the other day and from when I left. I looked way healthier and weighed myself - down to 75kgs (165 pounds). It's not like I did anything either just gave up weed and pizza and ended up walking more. I feel fucking great but is that sorta thing unhealthy? I'm not on the Lohan-fingers-down-the-throat diet either.This ever happen to anyone else?

Comments

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    It's not like I did anything either just gave up weed and pizza and ended up walking more. I feel fucking great

I think you may have stumbled across the only truth you'll ever need. Minus the giving up *boom* and *pie* part. That's just crazy talk.

But good job, moneygrip. Walking a lot just means I get through kicks all quick and shit.

• manchildmanchild 56 Posts

I think you may have stumbled across the only truth you'll ever need. Minus the giving up *boom* and *pie* part. That's just crazy talk.
    don't worry just haven't found any good stuff here yet and then there's no need for the second if i ain't got the first really!

don't worry just haven't found any good stuff here yet and then there's no need for the second if i ain't got the first really!

Well, at least you've got a system. Why not *burn up* while you 'burn up' (them calories through walking) though? You will have doubled your productivity something fierce!

"Homer's right!"

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Thats awesome!

I wonder how the other strutters are doing on the 2007 Summer Fitness plan?

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I did exactly the same thing a year or so ago.

cept it took me about 6 months instead of 2.

EARLIER: 91 kilos

NOW: 76 kilos

It is healthy, as long as you keep it up and make something of it.

I lost all my kilos primarily by running and eating less. But nowadays I am an active gym member. I still have small food slip-ups every no and then, epspecially in winter, but overall my commitment to being healthy remains paramount and I actually enjoy excercise. After having lost all that weight, knowing how shit it is to be fat - I could never let my self go back to that.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Good work everybody! I have a daily routine that consists of 300 sit ups/stomach exercises. Its hard sometimes to keep up with it due to the intense afternoon heat but have kept it up for over 2 years and counting. I feel great, am able to have beer/dessert (within moderation) without any feelings of guilt.

but have kept it up for over 2 years and counting [...] without any feelings of guilt.

C'mon now. . .y'all rilly know the drilly

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I've lost (and kept off) over 25 pounds since January, just eating right.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    kudos! i gained 10lbs in the last year. i think all in my belly cause i drink beer more now than i ever did. i've been going to the gym like 4 to 5 times a week for an hour and a half and i bike like crazy, and i keep going up either up or down just like 3 lbs. wtf? i think i really need to stop drinking beer. i just love it so!

i also think it's easier for dudes to lose weight

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    i also think it's easier for dudes to lose weight

True indeed.

Part of the reason why (I think) it's because it's easier for dudes to add muscle, which raises your metabolism.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    ya'll people are making me feel like crap. I need to be losing. I'm not with "dieting" - but am with eating right. Anybody got any inspiration/literature they reccomend for a somewhat elementary-middle school look on dietary dos and don'ts?

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    I'm down from high 90's to low 70s/high 60's. Weight has always been a problem for me... i pretty much quit a design job that was paying great to be a freelance photographer on the strength of being sick of sitting on my arse all day. I'm poor, but I feel great, and I feel like I look great too - it's weird for me to have people give me a compliment or second look. People are so shallow.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I fell off the wagon a bit after getting back into good shape for the first time in a while... watching the belly recede was great... but several weeks of heavy drinking and no gym took me right back.

I feel A*d**y's pain... I love beer too much for my own good

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I fell off the wagon a bit after getting back into good shape for the first time in a while... watching the belly recede was great... but several weeks of heavy drinking and no gym took me right back.

I feel A*d**y's pain... I love beer too much for my own good

I've still been gyming, which is good for keeping me in shape.

But, I love eating and drinking...I've been treading water for a bit now. I'm actually trying to find time to make a personal training session to learn to step up my game...but, it's gonna be tough with football season upon us.

Wedding season = BLOATEDHEADZKNOWTHEDEALZ

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Wedding season = BLOATEDHEADZKNOWTHEDEALZ

TRUTH.

That said...Jonny, there is NO greater motivation to lose weight than one's own upcoming wedding. More pics are gonna be taken of you that day, and at greater cost, than any other time in your life. DON'T SLEEP.

I know... ugh

I looked alright at the engagement party Thurs night though! haha

At least I have a year and change to get my act together

Careful, JP. I read an article yesterday that said that yo-yo exercising functions just like yo-yo dieting: you end up putting on more fat if you exercise on and off.

You really have to make a complete lifestyle change. It's understandable why people are hesitant to do that.

I am definitely hesitant to lifestyle change... I like beer

But honestly it's more about time management. I need a little alert that comes on my computer screen when I open it up in the morning that says "Do not log into soulstrut until you have gone to the gym"

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I think we all know how much I weighed back in the day.

Right now i'm at the "I need to loose the last 10 pounds phase", which means getting a bit more focussed (lifting more weight and really getting strict with the eating) and basically only have a glass of wine when I got out (HRRRRMMMPPPPPFFFFFFF!).

I need a little alert that comes on my computer screen when I open it up in the morning that says "Do not log into soulstrut until you have gone to the gym"

No, you need a treadmill-powered computer. Multi-task.