anyone know/can anyone rate DJ A.M.?

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
my brother got married the other night and it was a major extravaganza. he hired DJ AM to spin. I had never heard of him but i soon had to watch becuz he was doing the Microwave thing and (in my inexperienced opinion) doing it really well. I was just wondering if anyone here either knew the guy, had seen him, and/or if yall could give me a clue as to how he rates in his field and if hes considered cool or whatever.I had no clue and i was personally impressed with his blending and very creative + fun change ups. his "crates" were plenty deep, and he clearly was reading the crowd and reacting well. anyway, just curious if this dude is known around the strut.edit: thats hilaious how "s____o" changess to "microwave" automatically. haha

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    certified celebrity dj
    dating mandy moore or someone like that
    good dj
    (and if my memory is correct) cause of several strut spats
    where have you been?

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    certified celebrity dj
    good dj
    where have you been?

in my unabomber cave, i guess!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Man, every week with the DJ AM threads!

PS...your bro must be a

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

PS post DJ AM's going rate for a party or you're soft.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

PS...your bro must be a

yeah - no joke. Last I heard, AM gets $15,000 a gig

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I feel poor.

I feel poor.

yeah.. heh.. my bro got some dough.. and is super stoked on his new bride, and they wanted a serious party to celebrate.. i guess the sky was the limit.. ceremony up at a palatial estate in the hills, reception was at the ritz-carlton. off the hook via a curious blend of 'golf course people' and semi-hipster types. fun, loud, + tasty morsels on little trays.

sorry for the dj AM repeat... i guess i never noticed how much talk there is on him, being utterly ignorant of his existance. i appreciate the late pass.

(**edit - i forgot to mention - i DID search for 'dj AM' threads before posting - but "DJ A.M." amd "DJ AM" are not easy search terms - i got hundreds of hits from just the last few days, none of which were relevant. just sayin - i DID try.**)

heres what i saw:

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I don't think it was truly deserving of AALLL the videos. Maybe just the little guy and the thriller.

• BobBob 19 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    no offense, Bob...

but that was soooooooooooooo boring.....

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Get that money, M*rs!!!

• BobBob 19 Posts
    no offense, Bob...

No offense taken elise and my apologies, just confirming his celebrity dj status with a visual reference.
    Apparently he's actually a size 12 not 11 so it's obviously unreliable source material anyway.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

PS...your bro must be a

Damn, Karlophone could of gotten the cream of the Soulstrut dj family with accomadations included and with money left over.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    no offense, Bob...

No offense taken elise and my apologies, just confirming his celebrity dj status with a visual reference.
    Apparently he's actually a size 12 not 11 so it's obviously unreliable source material anyway.

hahaha, it's cool. Honestly, I never would have thought his voice was that low. BUt size 12?!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    certified celebrity dj
    good dj
    where have you been?

i didnt mean to ask with that "get familiar!" attitude
    it was more like, where was the wedding/where do you live?
    the name karlophone always takes me to a german place in my head

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

this show is moving billboard.

they should take a page outta the Wire or Sopranos playbook and have Turtle get shot in one episode. THAT I would watch.

Damn, Karlophone could of gotten the cream of the Soulstrut dj family with accomadations included and with money left over.

actually i DID think of you guys, but i didnt know what his plans were till after he had contacted the A.M. guy. so by the time i knew he was gonna hire a DJ, it was a non starter.

certified celebrity dj
    good dj
    where have you been?

i didnt mean to ask with that "get familiar!" attitude
    it was more like, where was the wedding/where do you live?
    the name karlophone always takes me to a german place in my head

haha thats awesome. 'a german place in my head' = location b/w my actual mostly german brain.

the wedding was in laguna beach. everyone flew from all over and stayed at a wicked resort hotel for the weekend. now im in LA, but i have to go back east in 2 weeks. im like 2/3 upstate ny and 1/3 LA on an average year. this year its been more like 80/20 NY/LA.

or more like 50/20/30 NY/LA/German Place In My Head.