Anyone in NY see the Boredoms w/ 77 drummers?

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    anyway

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    the kind of event where you meet a hot Meg Ryan look alike that you later take to your aparment to casually listen to your cha-cha-cha raers while sipping wine and smiling like you are Hugh Grant in a romantic comedy.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    pseudo-hipper than thou reactions

Can someone explain the difference between pseudo hipper than thou reactions and actual hipper than thou reactions to me?

Thanks in advance.

It seems like "Private Mind Garden" is now obsolete for this website.

• 69 Alan Licht

Tight.

It's funny that drum circles are cool again now. (Unbunch your panties, I dig on Vision Creation Newsun and Seadrum/House of Sun....just saying)

We truly are in the presence of greatness though. Had no idea Paychex was a RAP expert *and* a Boredoms expert.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Or do I mean redundant?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    a rabbi once told me that people who flaunt their new york-ness are almost never from new york

A rabbi once told me God said not to eat pork.

But that's neither here nor there. Carry on.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

We truly are in the presence of greatness though. Had no idea Paychex was a RAP expert *and* a Boredoms expert.

I'm not one to dispute my own greatness but I am far from a Boredoms expert

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    drum circles are cool again now

am i totally missing the sarcasm here?

• drum circles are cool again now

Unfortunately....

...no.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    (Unbunch your panties, I dig on Vision Creation Newsun and Seadrum/House of Sun....just saying)

yeah i love those albums too. the song i posted from vision creation newsun reminds me of 'future days'. so does Can suck now because too many "hipsters" like them?

• drum circles are cool again now

Unfortunately....

...no.

Haven't seen the clips posted or didn't go to the show......but if this was 77 dirty-ass hippies in Austin would the tastiest of SS-approved taste-makers be singing the praises or would Harvey Canal be in the fight of his month? I'm sure it's apples to oranges, but the question is begged.

The Boredoms are cool. Tridents are REALLY cool.

• jesus fucking christ this thread is ridiculous

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I really wanted to attend this, if not participate. Now I find out Otomo Yoshihide was there too? GOD DAMMIT!!! I hope a full document (DVD) will come out of this.

EDIT: Nevermind. It was someone who has played FOR Otomo Yoshihide.

At least Sara Lund was there.

• jesus fucking christ this thread is ridiculous

So it wasn't a 77 person drum circle? I mean there's a diagram and everything Daddy-O.

if this was 77 dirty-ass hippies in Austin

Thankfully it was 77 accomplished drummers in New York City

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I hope a full document (DVD) will come out of this.

with 7.1 DTS for me. Thanks.

• if this was 77 dirty-ass hippies in Austin

Right, like the dude from Crash Worship, the MOST POPULAR TOURING DRUM CIRCLE BAND EVER.

"Accomplished" applied to that list is more than a stretch.

But hey, IT WAS IN NYC!!! REP 'DAT!!!

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I hope a full document (DVD) will come out of this.

with 7.1 DTS for me. Thanks.

damn what is people's problem in this thread???

Br*an what bone do you have to pick with a performance you didn't even know about until today?

I wish I could have gone. Even if it was a bunch of dirty hippies in Austin... with The Boredoms.

I rep the drum circle. I'm from Berkeley. (not an "Actual New Yorker" related)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    if this was 77 dirty-ass hippies in Austin

Right, like the dude from Crash Worship, the MOST POPULAR TOURING DRUM CIRCLE BAND EVER.

You sound mad that you don't live in New York.

• damn what is people's problem in this thread???

Br*an what bone do you have to pick with a performance you didn't even know about until today?

I wish I could have gone. Even if it was a bunch of dirty hippies in Austin... with The Boredoms.

I rep the drum circle. I'm from Berkeley. (not an "Actual New Yorker" related)

I'm not picking any bones w/ the performance whatsoever. Like I said, I like the Boredoms. I like Boredoms post-2000 drum circle steez. Were it here I'd break out the nugs and stand in line.

I was making a mere point about drum circles in general. This is what yr Uncle Brian thinks about. It's not a big leap. I'm connecting dots here.

Maybe I was mistaken in thinking the Strut had ever forsaken the drum circle. If so, my apologies.

• if this was 77 dirty-ass hippies in Austin

You sound mad that you don't live in New York.

I am so goddamn mad that I don't live in New York. My knuckles are actually bloody from pounding the desk today over JUST this topic.

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts
    it was hot. i waited in line too long, but it was fucking great once we were inside. the drum patterns ranged from simple to fire, but the best part was the slapback heard when everyone hit the rack toms at the same time and it echoed in between the brooklyn and manhattan bridges. i could have done without all the trance-like vocals though. it seemed like he just bought a delay pedal that day and wanted to play with it. otherwise it was hot. i sat behind Chris Powell from Man Man and dude is real tight on the kit.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    i sat behind Chris Powell from Man Man and dude is real tight on the kit.

?

• I will completely admit to pre-supposing the Strut stance on drum circles. I figured it would be the same as the one for hackey-sacking.

MY BAD.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts

Blah blah blah blah small man talk blah blah.

I believe what that is a bunch of homemade lapsteel guitars mounted on drum hardware. That's actually kinda cool. I do wish I had seen that.

Judging by the bug-up-the-ass pseudo-hipper than thou reactions of the folks here who did attend and won't brook any criticism whatsoever, however, I am now absolutely sure I didn't miss a damn thing worth suffering such company for. 2000+ scene points for you!

Do me a favor:turn out the lights in Williamsburg (or Bushwick) on your way back to Ohio, and get out of my city.

Sincerely,
    An actual New Yorker

God you're an idiot. Quit making all these pretentious indictments based on assumptions. You heard a rehearsal from outside the venue and suddenly you're in a position to criticize the actual event?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

was this a white people only event?

(there, in my next post I will talk about Kanye West or the rehab singing chick or 320 kpbs mp3s)

(there, in my next post I will talk about Kanye West or the rehab singing chick or 320 kpbs mp3s)

Aren't all drum circles?

(For my next post, I'll be requesting the sample sources of the entirety of the first Quasimoto album. Prepareth thyselves.)

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts

Aren't all drum circles?

No. There's one that goes on every Sunday in Prospect Park that is surprisingly multicultural.

Aren't all drum circles?

No. There's one that goes on every Sunday in Prospect Park that is surprisingly[/b] multicultural.

The exception that proves the rule, perhaps? Or does stoned hippy-dippiness know no skin tone?

Asshurt non-New Yorkers want to know.