T-Minus 75 Minutes and Counting

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited June 2005 in Announcements
Yo Strutters & Strutees,Today/Tonight I fill in on one of my favorite radio shows on my station (favorite that is not my own show, of course), "Space is the Place," at 6:00 - 8:00 PM EST (that's 3:00-5:00 for all you west coast office drones!)The vibe is a mix of space funk/free jazz/whatever whatever...I'll be going mostly mixtape style as far as minimal talking, maximum music.Please check it out if you can, live stream is here: 88.1 FM WMBR And, I just found the GI Joe astronaut 45 I got at a yard sale, with "actual manned space flight communication" WORD!

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yo Strutters & Strutees,

Today/Tonight I fill in on one of my favorite radio shows on my station (favorite that is not my own show, of course), "Space is the Place," at 6:00 - 8:00 PM EST (that's 3:00-5:00 for all you west coast office drones!)

The vibe is a mix of space funk/free jazz/whatever whatever...I'll be going mostly mixtape style as far as minimal talking, maximum music.

Please check it out if you can, live stream is here:

88.1 FM WMBR

And, I just found the GI Joe astronaut 45 I got at a yard sale, with "actual manned space flight communication" WORD!

BUMP!!
    3 Minutes, so tune in...damn I smoked too much kill before coming in here...

HOLLAH!!!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    And, I just found the GI Joe astronaut 45 I got at a yard sale, with "actual manned space flight communication" WORD!

Is this where those space dialog samples between songs are coming from?

Sounds good so far

Is this where those space dialog samples between songs are coming from?

Sounds good so far

Roger that!

And thanks...this Miroslav Vitous is a valium jubilee!

Alright, I had a blast with this show, so I wanna share it with any of y'all who are interested...

Got a streaming MP3 of this up and running, so you can listen to the whole 2 hour show, right now! These MP3's they archive have lousy cropping, as in, my show doesn't start until 5:30 into the file, which sucks, but the last story on the news before I come on, with the skateboard protesters, is interesting.

Best of all for you guys, I only talk at the beginning, at the end of the first hour, and at the end...so it's pretty much 2 full hours of music.

To listen, Click Here

And, copied from my BLOG , which has more flashy photos for and information about the show, and a couple of older shows on MP3, is the full playlist:

Set One: Who God Bless

Intro: Theme from Star Trek/Secret Agents/LP/Design/196?
    1. Bamboo Funk/Chris Hinze Combination/LP/MPS/1974
    2. 1983 a Merman I Shall Be/Gil Evans/LP/RCA/1974
    3. Pictures & Designs/The Seeds/LP/GNP/1967
    4. Right On Y'all/The Eleventh House/LP/Vanguard/1974
    5. Caterpillar/Lou Donaldson/LP/Blue Note/1971
    6. Epilogue/Miroslav Vitous/LP/Atlantic/1972
    7. Sweet Exorcist/Curtis Mayfield/LP/Curtom/1974
    8. Flight Time/Donald Byrd/LP/Blue Note/1973
    9. Idle Hands/Harlem River Drive/LP/Roulette/1970
    BED: Voyager/Dexter Wansel/LP/Philly International/1978

Set Two: No Man Curse

1. Paranoia/Buddy Terry/LP/Mainstream/1972