Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    How is he ripping off Swizz?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I don't think they sound alike at all:

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

His new song has the same Daft Punk sample that swizz used for Busta's "touch it". It doesn't sound exact- but i suspect that track wasn't on his radar before Swizzy used it. Most Daft punk fans were hatin on that record when it came out.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    They don't sound alike, and A-Trak showed him that Daft Punk song. Timbaland used the same Nina Simone sample on "Oh Timbaland" from the new LP that Kanye flipped on "Get By." Both tracks are dope. Were you crying when Dr Dre jacked the same David McCallum sample as Missin Linx? It's hip-hop, get over it.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

His new song has the same Daft Punk sample that swizz used for Busta's "touch it". It doesn't sound exact- but i suspect that track wasn't on his radar before Swizzy used it. Most Daft punk fans were hatin on that record when it came out.

Well for starters I think that's a Sade sample (???). Anyhow who cares. What a suprise, pop stars jumping on a band wagon. Swizz ripped a lot of his stuff off of pre-programmed keyboard demo beats anyhow. So he's not the most original in the world.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts

you mean someone sampled something that someone else already sampled? yeah, that never happens....

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    ...and nobody seems to be saying anything about it. how come?

because they used 2 different daft punk songs. "touch it" was "Technologic" and this kanye track, as far as i can tell from herm's vid is "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger," which is actually a edwin birdsong jack.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    BRAEKS.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    ...and nobody seems to be saying anything about it. how come?

because they used 2 different daft punk songs. "touch it" was "Technologic" and this kanye track, as far as i can tell from herm's vid is "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger," which is actually a edwin birdsong jack.

The vocal on HBFS is by Guy-Manuel from Daft Punk though, just the track's melody (which Kanye didn't use I think?) is sampled from Edwin Birdsong. I can understand some people calling it a Swizz rip off.

And I (and many other Daft Punk fans) didn't hate on Touch It.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    If this song's guilty of anything, it's being unoriginal. Even the Neptunes remixed this track when it first came out, shit, I even had a go at it. I'm just amazed that he hadn't heard that song before.

Shit will no doubt be a bigger hit than the original which is kinda lame since the original is perfect.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    its asstonishing that A-Trak is still doing his thing with kanye. that whole bit in his sunglasses video is mad akward.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the enitre video is akward.

If this song's guilty of anything, it's being unoriginal. Even the Neptunes remixed this track when it first came out, shit, I even had a go at it. I'm just amazed that he hadn't heard that song before.

Shit will no doubt be a bigger hit than the original which is kinda lame since the original is perfect.

I really like that Neptunes remix, almost forgot about it!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Even Daft co-signed that joint, they mixed it into their Coachella set, which is pure LAVA btw.

Even Daft co-signed that joint, they mixed it into their Coachella set, which is pure LAVA btw.

Seriously, I've seen some vids from that gig, insane stuff! Gonna see them in Amsterdam in about a month, can't wait!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Any Strutters going to the Seattle show? I'm all over it!

BE THERE.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    its asstonishing that A-Trak is still doing his thing with kanye. that whole bit in his sunglasses video is mad akward.

Wha' happened?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    This is laughable at best. Swizz isn't even remotely close to Kanye's level on either rhymes or beats.

YEAH I SAID IT!

They don't sound alike, and A-Trak showed him that Daft Punk song. Timbaland used the same Nina Simone sample on "Oh Timbaland" from the new LP that Kanye flipped on "Get By." Both tracks are dope. Were you crying when Dr Dre jacked the same David McCallum sample as Missin Linx? It's hip-hop, get over it.

I hear ya...but Nina Simone and Axlerod samples are a little more common than Daft Punk (or any other contemporary electronic/house) samples in hip-hop. I'm not saying anything about either track, i'm just surprised nobody is mentioning it.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    This is laughable at best. Swizz isn't even remotely close to Kanye's level on either rhymes or beats.

YEAH I SAID IT!

uhh dude on the mic they are about equal, i.e. they should both leave it alone.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Didn't Dre buy the beat from Linx?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i'm just surprised nobody is mentioning it.

it's 2 different tracks homie. are you concerned 'cause they both sampled daft punk?

re: ayres comment, word. same goes for little boy blues and jayz and black moon. and really all the tracks you mentioned, the sample may be the same but the flippage is different. it's all good imo.

HIPHOP.

YEAH I SAID IT!

not the point - but i'll agree with you anyway...

little dudes take note, this is how y'all should roll on soulstrut when speaking to me.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    little dudes take note, this is how y'all should roll on soulstrut when speaking to me.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

YEAH I SAID IT!

uhh dude on the mic they are about equal, i.e. they should both leave it alone.

thank you. both are laughable.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    'money cash hoes' beat > all kanye beats :-O

'money cash hoes' beat > all kanye beats :-O

GET EM HIGH BEAT > DEEJ!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    BANNING YOUNG PHON > BANNED FROM TV BEAT > 99% OF KANYE BEATS

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

"Put down the gun and we'll see who the real man is!"
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us