returning a record 3 months later? (nagl? related)

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
so i just got an email from a buyer who's claiming a record we sold him, 3 months ago, is in G condition and would like to return for a refund. now usually we'll take returns no questions asked, but in this case i'm a bit skeptical. first of all i clearly remember this LP being a conservative vg+, and second it's been 3 months! the record was shipped priority, so he's had it for minute. who's to say he didn't just record it and now is trying to get over..i'm suspicious to say the least, what the SS consensus on this matter?

Comments

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    it's been 3 months... something suspect must be up... besides, it's way too late to leave negative feedback or make a paypal claim, so fuck him!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    so i just got an email from a buyer who's claiming a record we sold him, 3 months ago, is in G condition and would like to return for a refund.

It probably is in G condition after three months on the floor of his bedroom...

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Fuck that. If it didn't bother the buyer 3 months ago, why now?

BTW, you're probably one of the most accurate graders I've bought from.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    so i just got an email from a buyer who's claiming a record we sold him, 3 months ago, is in G condition and would like to return for a refund.

now usually we'll take returns no questions asked, but in this case i'm a bit skeptical. first of all i clearly remember this LP being a conservative vg+, and second it's been 3 months! the record was shipped priority, so he's had it for minute. who's to say he didn't just record it and now is trying to get over..

i'm suspicious to say the least, what the SS consensus on this matter?

ignore him, unless he drops loot with you on the regular...I have no problem burning a bridge with an asshurt customer who bitches about condition that far down the line. You make the complaint after the FIRST time you play the record if you are unhappy with it...as a record customer I dont even think I would have the gall to pull some shit like that....as a seller, I say "sorry dude".

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    haha hell no. Most standard return policies WITH a receipt are 30days and thats for chain store ie Best Buy. If he is tsying to pull something like that then IMO he may not be a customer worth keeping at all. He most likely never will be happy.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

now usually we'll take returns no questions asked, but in this case i'm a bit skeptical. first of all i clearly remember this LP being a conservative vg+, and second it's been 3 months! the record was shipped priority, so he's had it for minute. who's to say he didn't just record it and now is trying to get over..

ignore him, unless he drops loot with you on the regular...I have no problem burning a bridge with an asshurt customer who bitches about condition that far down the line. You make the complaint after the FIRST time you play the record if you are unhappy with it...as a record customer I dont even think I would have the gall to pull some shit like that....as a seller, I say "sorry dude".

but in the future lay out your return policy explicitly. i.e. a specific number of days after the LP is shipped to request a return and then another specific number of days to deliver the record(s) back to you. usually when they see that you have a policy: 1) assholes like this won't even bid or 2) will think twice about trying a return so late--if at all.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

but in the future lay out your return policy explicitly. i.e. a specific number of days after the LP is shipped to request a return and then another specific number of days to deliver the record(s) back to you. usually when they see that you have a policy: 1) assholes like this won't even bid or 2) will think twice about trying a return so late--if at all.

the thing is most bidders dont even read the return policy...our clearly states in BIG font "We do not refund shipping charges" but the few times folks have bitched about condition, they get all asshurt we wont refund the shipping when it clearly states we wont from the get go. Some even go as far as to say they wont return the record until we payapl them some $ so they can ship it back. Sorry, but nothing in life is guaranteed, you should of read THE ENTIRE FUCKING AUCTION and we aint selling insulin, we are selling records. Also, the ONLY people who have ever complained about condition are fuckers that bought fucking $5 to $10 records...sorry but we arent going to lose money over some jackasses subjective opinion of condition.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

It probably is in G condition after three months on the floor of his bedroom...

seriously, i 1/2 way expect him to return some skated copy he found at goodwill.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    haha hell no. Most standard return policies WITH a receipt are 30days and thats for chain store ie Best Buy. If he is tsying to pull something like that then IMO he may not be a customer worth keeping at all. He most likely never will be happy.

and actually this is starting to change now to 15 days with a lot of retailers.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    We recently sold to a guy who left positive stating the LP was in exact condition described and then 3 weeks laters emails us and says " it wasn't VG+ but VG and I Havent even listened to it yet"[/b]

I emailed him and told him to go ahead and send it back but that he should try playing it first to determine if there were sound quailty issues to which he responded, " it's rare, so I am keeping it"

I looked at his feedback and he left someone else negative saying the exact same thing....."vg not vg+ and I havent listened to it yet"

WTF?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    " it wasn't VG+ but VG and I Havent even listened to it yet"[/b]

He is trying to preserve it in near-VG shape for the glass display case.