End your auction early please!

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Put some expensive soul 7"s up on e-bay last night and the "please end your auction early" messages have started already. Here's my favorite so far:Hi dearest Neal !! Ok no problem !! You accept to make a deal on Ebay with me ? Please, write me now !!!! Love, E^&*Thanks+a+++++

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Put some expensive soul 7"s up on e-bay last night and the "please end your auction early" messages have started already. Here's my favorite so far:

Hi dearest Neal !!
    Ok no problem !! You accept to make a deal on Ebay with me ?
    Please, write me now !!!!
    Love, E^&*
    Thanks+a+++++

Wassa matta you no like my deal?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Hi, I am a collector & have some questions... Could you send me closeup pics/scans of cd (separate from case) front and back and liner notes so I can assess its condition. I need to check it for scratches, scuffs, marks, etc.. You could also re-inspect the cd up close in the light and tell me these answers as relates to condition instead of sending the pics if that is easier for you.. . Because if there are any of these flaws on disc I would have to pass on this... Also are there any cutout holes in cd spine/barcode/side of case? Is this a bmg/columbia house club release? And would you consider ending the auction early if I offered you a very fair price to be paid immediately with paypal?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Put some expensive soul 7"s up on e-bay last night and the "please end your auction early" messages have started already. Here's my favorite so far:

Hi dearest Neal !!
    Love, E^&*
    Thanks+a+++++

is this someone you know?

the "Love, E^&*" part is hysterical

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

Hi dearest Neal !!
    Love, E^&*
    Thanks+a+++++

No I don't know him. He signed it with his real name E___. That's the only part I changed.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Hi dearest Neal !!
    Love, E^&*
    Thanks+a+++++

He signed it with his real name E___. That's the only part I changed.

yeah i got that. "Hi Dearest!" pretty funny

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Hi, I am an asshole[/b] & have some questions... Could you send me closeup pics/scans of cd (separate from case) front and back and liner notes so I can assess its condition. I need to check it for scratches, scuffs, marks, etc.. You could also re-inspect the cd up close in the light and tell me these answers as relates to condition instead of sending the pics if that is easier for you.. . Because if there are any of these flaws on disc I would have to pass on this... Also are there any cutout holes in cd spine/barcode/side of case? Is this a bmg/columbia house club release? And would you consider ending the auction early if I offered you a very fair price to be paid immediately with paypal?

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Hi, I am a collector & have some questions... Could you send me closeup pics/scans of cd (separate from case) front and back and liner notes so I can assess its condition. I need to check it for scratches, scuffs, marks, etc.. You could also re-inspect the cd up close in the light and tell me these answers as relates to condition instead of sending the pics if that is easier for you.. . Because if there are any of these flaws on disc I would have to pass on this... Also are there any cutout holes in cd spine/barcode/side of case? Is this a bmg/columbia house club release? And would you consider ending the auction early if I offered you a very fair price to be paid immediately with paypal?

If you do a deal with this guy it is guaranteed to be a big pain in the ass.

Just got another message from my "end it early" best friend:

Hi dear Neal !!

Hope you are fine, buddy !
    Hey, 2 questions :

1) Can I bid on this item ?

2) The only bidder, at the moment, is that australian guy ?

Pleas,e be so kind to write me now !!

love, E%^&
    Thanks+a++++

And another:

you welcome, my buddy !!
    Thanks for the kind reply !
    Look, I like to know if the actual bidder now is that australian guy ??
    Please, be so kind to write me now !!!
    with love, E^&%
    Thanks+++a+a+++

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    hahaha. awesome

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

Look, I like to know if the actual bidder now is that australian guy ??

I love it! I wonder if he is trying to find out if it is his arch nemesis or best friend whom he told about the record and how bad he wanted it, then that may actually be one in the same.

It keeps getting better. Here's his latest message:

Yes, I mean "Boss Hoss 66" Mark Taylor !!
    If he is this guy, it's impossible to bid as he offers always 7.000 $ for any record !! crazy but true !
    who is the actual bidder , buddy ?
    Please, write me now !
    Love, E^&%
    Thanks+a++++

almost time to cut him off:

Yes, buddy, I understand what you mean, but THE GUY THAT NOW IS THE ONLY BIDDER IS FROM AUSTRALIA ?
    Please, be so polite to write me now !!!
    with love, E#$%
    Thank you so much !

• The term "buddy" used by anyone who's first language isn't English, is almost always hilarious

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    The term "buddy" used by anyone who's first language isn't English, is almost always hilarious

even though most canadians speak english...

"hey buddy, what's the problem guy?"

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    almost time to cut him off:

Yes, buddy, I understand what you mean, but THE GUY THAT NOW IS THE ONLY BIDDER IS FROM AUSTRALIA ?
    Please, be so polite to write me now !!!
    with love, E#$%
    Thank you so much !

This is like the "Cable guy" of the Post-Modern Ebay era.

Here's the one he just sent me 30 seconds after the auction ended (final bid was the Aussie and it was for $460):

Hi guy, you see how fool you are !!!
    If you told me that it was watched by this aussie guy, I offered $ 7.000, and you got a lot of money !!
    so fool you are !!!
    Just so mistery for what ?????
    you're no good ....bohhhhh !
    enea

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I offered $ 7.000

i thought mystery aussie was the one who offered $7.000?

so did this cat even make a bid?

I offered $ 7.000

i thought mystery aussie was the one who offered $7.000?

so did this cat even make a bid?

Yeah I missed something there. I coulda been a contender!

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Wait...Mark Taylor buys soul 45s now? Damn.