Another Positive DJ Story #6

kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I feel the need to post these when they happen to counter balance the 4,000/month Becky stories...Anyway, DJing tonight at the local Saturday Soul night. Came late, as I jetted over from the (no shit) Regional Emmy Awards, where I saw Mike Wallace win a lifetime acheivement award that he couldn't have cared less about, and the show I work on won for best Regional Sports blah,blah,blah something or other. Which WAS cool, no nonchalance...So, I'm in a good mood, if not underprepared. We get started late; i'm underprepared, so I lean back on some easy classics like, 'soul man,' and 'i was made to love her.' this is not to start some classic vs. raer convo; i'll always ride for oldies tunes ('nowhere to run,' might be my fave 45 i own) but, i'm just saying i was running late, unprepped, and leaning on the classics.Night is coming to an end; MC gets on the Mic to mention that it is the bartendress and her boyfriend's last shift in cambridge, ma before they move to pittsburgh next week. now, it's been almost 100% northern/soul tonight, not the usually dash of funk, and i'm feeling the need to get that oooooone track in to change that...I turn to the mc and say, 'i brought larry mcgee, 'the burg.' We should really close with that.' he says, 'i loooove that track,' and arranges it with the other dj. moment comes. announcement is made, wishing the happy couple well in the burg, and the needle is dropped...Place loves it. goes bananas. i figure it is only once in a great while that i'll bring that out, and be at a gig where a couple who works there and is cool is moving to the burg that next day. i ended up thanking the dude of the couple, and gave him the ol' godspeed before they shove off.so, there is tonight's positive dj story. 3 rivers is a sight to see, yo...

Comments