"Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky" released today

the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
did anyone buy this today? iam camped outside my po box waiting for this shit...set comes with the soundtracks for el topo and holy mountainand it actually looks like they did a good job on remastering the filmsi dont have to watch the crappy bootlegs anymore...

Comments

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    set comes with the soundtracks for el topo and holy mountain

Oh damn! What is this going for?

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    set comes with the soundtracks for el topo and holy mountain

$37.49 on amazon

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

$37.49 on amazon
    I've been curious about the films, more interested in the soundtracks than anything but to be able to see El Topo[/b] in high quality... man.

When it does arrive, let us know how the DVD's and CD's are, as I'd like to check them out as well.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

Finally. these films deserve a high quality reissue for real.

Had the chance to watch holy mountain and el topo in a repertory cinema a couple of months ago and that was that real shitt.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    just watched holy mountain the past saturday.

not a whole lot of people are fucking with dude's set designs

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Yeah ... I've been excited about this one. A real print of Holy Mountain will be a treasure to say the least. The bootleg is barely watchable (though the film is such a bullet in your third eye that the quality of the print almost doesn't matter).

I got a chance to see the new print of El Topo in the theater about a month ago. It looked great (and it was incredible to see that one on the big screen).

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    It's definitely worth watching the commentary after (3rd clarification, etc.; as well as some great stories).

I never realized there was a soundtrack for Holy Mountain, but maybe that was something they just pressed up for the dvd release.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I am buying this.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I am buying this.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    does anyone know if this is available at best buy/circuit city/other uncomfortable big warehouse electronics emporiums across the US?

i have money for the first time in a month and i want this, today!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I think my friend has one of these on hold for me.. Here they were playing El topo and Holy Mountain as the midnight show while I was gone to San francisco. Catch it on the BIG screen if you can.

- spidey

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    I got this in the mail a couple days ago and we watched 'El Topo' last night... the new transfer/restoration is just beautiful. A far cry from the banged-up VHS copy I had seen it on before.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    I fucks with that.

• aradpumaaradpuma 83 Posts
    I never realized there was a soundtrack for Holy Mountain, but maybe that was something they just pressed up for the dvd release.

yea, it says " never before released" on the box.. don cherry had a hand in it though which i love

i got this last week from amazon, it's worth every penny.. actually for what it is i'd say its super cheap... 6 discs (well 2 are the soundtracks) .... comes with 2 of his earlier films (fando y lis & la cravete), but i haven't had a chance to check them out.. as was already posted everything is amazingly restored (not that i'm an expert on this, but my boot was bad)