San Francisco 5/9-5/15 - what's good?!

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
SF strutters, I will be downtown with 2 friends May 9-15 for a little vacation. We will be staying at my boy's Uncle's place and will have no car.ThesOne has given me some record leads...JinxKid inquisitiveCool Chris / Groove Merchant on Haight, "best record store in the US"[/b]and previous SF threads involved discussion of hitting fleas early in the AMI am also interested in...- BEST vegetarian spots[/b] (especially on the low-mid price range, so I can hit them regularly during the week). tempeh sandwiches are my fav...also like tofu dishes.- shoe stores[/b] (especially limited edition New Balance, Adidas [ShoeBiz?], skate shoes [Huf?]...but possibly not out-of-this-world prices?)- nightlife[/b] (my 2 friends are b-boys, so fun hip-hop spots, funk nights, electro, roller boogie disco, etc. would be sweet [Milk?] b-boy jams or hangouts?)- good herb[/b] (possibly in edible form? )thanks in advance. hope we can link up. this will be my first time in Cali...lookin' forward to it!

Comments

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Damn, wish you were here till the 19th, we're doin Superfriends at Milk that night. But at any rate, hit me on the PM. I can help you out with at least the herb smoking portion of that list.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Damn, wish you were here till the 19th, we're doin Superfriends at Milk that night.
    just move it up a week!

we'll just have to make the most of the time i'm there.
    thanks for all the PM's thus far. I will definitely be calling you folls

• what up maine~~~

This joint is on the 11th, DJ Spair's B-Day edition of night of the remix...should be fun. Holler if you want Guest Listage.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    AARRGH, so pissed St. Louis cancelled on me at the last minute J*sh! Damned if you do damned if you don't. Well hopefully I'll be there that night!

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Get ready for the MORDECAI VINYL EXCHANGE CHALLENGE at the Spindig Happy Hour party on May 11.

I am going to pack a set for him and he is going to spin it on the spot.

Gonna be so fun.

• St. Louis cancelled on me

That and Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard are about all St. Louis is good for.

b/w I think it's time for Raj to give "I'm Coming to San Francisco" its very own forum here.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- nightlife[/b] (my 2 friends are b-boys, so fun hip-hop spots, funk nights, electro, roller boogie disco, etc. would be sweet [Milk?] b-boy jams or hangouts?)

I seriously had a hard time with this one... Maybe Jinx can reccomend something. Milk was looking mad empty. Soul Shakedown looked kind of popping but I couldn't figure out how to park anywhere near it. Club six was empty. Was I too early at 11?

- spidey

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

- nightlife[/b] (my 2 friends are b-boys, so fun hip-hop spots, funk nights, electro, roller boogie disco, etc. would be sweet [Milk?] b-boy jams or hangouts?)

I seriously had a hard time with this one... Maybe Jinx can reccomend something. Milk was looking mad empty. Soul Shakedown looked kind of popping but I couldn't figure out how to park anywhere near it. Club six was empty. Was I too early at 11?

- spidey

i can recommend getting high at my house and diggin through records while i talk hella shit about... well, everything.

other than that... i havent gone out to clubs in about 3 or 4 years. once i stopped throwing parties i stopped going to parties.

thanks for thinking i was young and hip though... free records next time youre in the bay for that one!

• He just asked Jinx what b-boy parties were crackin'!

Goddamn, that is funny on so many levels. That fact that Jinx wears sweatpants every day does not make him a b-boy.

(Hi, J!)

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    He just asked Jinx what b-boy parties were crackin'!

Goddamn, that is funny on so many levels. That fact that Jinx wears sweatpants every day does not make him a b-boy.

(Hi, J!)

umm dogg? not for nothin but jinx has phenomenal star search dance skills yo.

• He just asked Jinx what b-boy parties were crackin'!

(Hi, J!)

umm dogg? not for nothin but jinx has phenomenal star search dance skills yo.

it's true, but to get the priviledge of seeing.

• Quick, Stef! Post that GIF of Justin dancing at karaoke.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Quick, Stef! Post that GIF of Justin dancing at karaoke.

i hate the internet

..and what i dont know any good bboy parties? well... i dont, but i know plenty of folks who know where the good parties are... i just dont attend those functions anymore.

• sergserg 682 Posts

- spidey

yeah 11 is kind of early for them. around 11:30-12:00 milk will start filling up

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Quick, Stef! Post that GIF of Justin dancing.

Was I too early at 11?
    yeah 11 is kind of early for them.
    most places here fill-in at midnight/12:30.

thanks again for the tips/invitations... should be fun.

• HairyBelafonteHairyBelafonte 1,202 Posts

That fact that Jinx wears sweatpants every day does not make him a b-boy.

That fact that Jinx wears sweatpants every day does not make him a b-boy.

last full day here in the 'Sco, so I just wanted to shout out everybody for their hospitality...
    MorseCode
    B-Cause
    Jinx
    KingMost
    Stef (sorry we didn't make it thru)
    CoolChris

I think me and the hommies are hittin Alcatraz today and I'm not sure whats crackin tonight...it's Lenny's bday so we'll prolly go out to eat for that and we need to take out his Uncle for all the hospitality as well, so we'll prolly knock that out together.