Colombian Cumbias, Pet Clark, and DJ Day!

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited April 2007 in Announcements
Show #46 - so many styles I don't know what to call the show! Seriously, there's lots of good stuff in this show, and it's really all over the map, but I feel that it all goes together, at least in my mind. The show has 3 sections, and the first set is soul / mod / funk, with the very groovy Valerie Keys tune opening it all off, and the incredibly funky Phirpo closing (from the 45 that goes with the new Soundway Colombia! compilation), but don't miss the great Pet Clark tune in there. Oh, and the Chassidic version of Lyn Christopher's 'Take Me With You'!The second set is Latin / Brazillian, with tunes from Tito Puente & La Lupe, Fania superstars Willie Colon & Joe Bataan, another track from the Colombia compilation, and some cool Brazillian tunes to finish up. Finally the last small set has tunes from Belgian jazz group Open Sky Unit with the soulful Ron Wilson singing, and a great instrumental from DJ Day to close the show off. Like I said, lots of different styles, but all great tunes. IF IT ROTATES Valerie Keys - Listen HereSheila Wilkerson - Baby You're A Jive CatShadows of Knight - ShakePetula Clark - Un Jeune Homme BienLowell Fulsom - The ThingMordechai Ben David - NeshamaPhirpo Y Sus Caribes - ComencemosTito Puente, La Lupe - Mi SocioOrquestra Nunez - La SamariaWillie Colon - Che Che ColeJoe Bataan - Ordinary GuyNelsinho E Sua Orquestra - Upa NegrinhoClaudia - Deixa Eu DizerOpen Sky Unit - Open SkyDJ Day - First Step

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    bump!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    thanks man, can't wait to check this out - especially this:

"Oh, and the Chassidic version of Lyn Christopher's 'Take Me With You'!"