Printing Question (Record Related)

ayresayres 1,452 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
We've been doing records with this company in Florida and the pressings are good but the labels are consistently faded / lighter than the art we send. We've addressed it a number of times and they put it on the printer, where they outsource the labels. I'm looking to get the labels done somewhere else. Anybody know a printer that will do good color labels for records that we can have sent to our record manufacturer?

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    there's a special heat resistant ink they need to use. i talked to the label guy at united a couple years ago, and it's definitely an art in itself.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Are you supplying designs for process or offset? Solid inks are always the way to go.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Try Hamlett Printing in Nashville.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Try Hamlett Printing in Nashville.

just did, they have had problems with the manufacturer i use and won't do anything with them. fuck, it looks like i'm going to have to switch manufacturers.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    David's one of the nicest guys in the old game. Homeboy walks his labels over to United. If you're in the 45 game, there isn't a better combination.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Will United do bootlegs? Not straight up bootlegs but Baltimore Club tracks with uncleared samples?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Will United do bootlegs? Not straight up bootlegs but Baltimore Club tracks with uncleared samples?

From my understanding doing it through a middleman company that uses United (such as Bellwether) they may press without checking for samples, but that's a big maybe...and I've only heard that through the grapevine so who knows.

How about Hub-Servall in Joisey?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    How about Hub-Servall in Joisey?

I'm not knowing. Being able to pick up the records in Jersey rather than pay UPS would be huge though. Hub-Servall don't care about samples?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Ayers, PM sent.