NYC Record Show - Tonight!!

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited June 2005 in Announcements
Hey, if this should be in the "announcements" section, sorry, please move it if you want, but I'm not affiliated with this, I just wanted any NYC strutters not on small chizzie's blackcrack list to hear about this one, could be good, DJ Shakewell's record fair:
so, my RECORD FAIR IS [email]TONITE@!!!!!![/email] here is the dealer list, info is below: mike simonetti crito gamall (many many records!) git - 80s hip hop and rare disco gary ballaban - videos and scopitones hifi jill - jewelry and handbags from records and sleeves bruce tantum - house matty karas and piotr orlov - 45s and lps becky and anthony rai - misc plus rock from her label ipecac sol joseph $mall ??hange peter gunn - 45s and lps teflon - reggae 45s barry soltz - soul / garage 45s phast phreddie - soul45s lynne k and chris - soul 45s nydia - hosting Daptone table! eric danville jorge honeychild coleman dave withers gerald mcboing boing jules here's the details: The Premier of DJ SHAKEY'S NIGHTOWL RECORD FAIR ! 20+ Record and CD dealers ALL KINDS OF MUSIC! MONDAY NIGHT, June 13th Botanica Bar, 47 E. Houston St. betw. Mott and Mulberry, NYC 212-343-7251 bar opens at 5pm (21+) record swap action starts 8pm - close FREE ADMISSION AND $3 DRINK SPECIALS ALL NIGHT Members of the "Blackcrack" record collectors' group entertain on the turntables, Prizes and Fun Too!! "it's a record fair...no, it's a party, it's a record fair AND a party!" http://www.djshakey.com/recordfair

Comments

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    ooooh alot of shit jumpin off tonight. between this and the Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles tribute dammmn

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    So did anyone go to this? Any reports? RAERS??

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I went, showed up at 9 and if there was raer, I didn't see any, probably because I was an hour late. Lots of 12"s and filler LPs, I picked up some cheap 45s, nothing special. Good amount of people though, and the lighting was descent, so checking out condition wasn't an issue. I think it definately has potential.