›

recording vinyl to PC then burning CDR(Tracking?)

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Can someone please tell me the easiest way to record an album from vinyl(I have been using Cubase) onto the computer, then tracking it(so you can skim through each track once burned,not one long track for the whole album)for a CDR burn?

Comments

• mimmim 44 Posts

i've found the easiest way to do it with dbpoweramp..

there's an 'auxiliary input' plug-in you need to download from their site and it's pretty neat. you do need to sit through the lp while recording but with a simple click of the mouse after each track encode it as the new mp3 file.

you can even set the treshold of xx decibels to make the program skip to the new file by itself but the downside of that is the fact that records make enough noise crackling for the computer not to detect a track ending. or on the other hand, you may get one track split into two if there's a silent moment in the recording..

rename your files afterwards from 'track xx' to whatever and share them reres over the net. but remember, home taping is killing music!

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    What about the for the better computer (macintosh)?

My audio comes in through a Canopus 16bit media converter connected to my amplifier by RCAs. I use AudioX to record it and Sound Studio to cut and paste the tracks out. It works well but it is extremely time consuming. Anyone have a better system?

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Cool Edit (Audition) does a good job of recording then adding track marking

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Cool Edit (Audition) does a good job of recording then adding track marking

I do most of mine through Cool Edit, especially now that they get the sectors correct.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    for years, all of my mixes were just one, hour-long tracks, then the magic of hacked software came into my life and I got Sonic Foundry's CD architect...so easy...you have the entire, hour long wave in front of you and you just put the cursor where you want the track to change, press "T" and thats it..you dont have to do anything else, then burn it..so now folks can skip past that Yma Sumac tune if they are so inclined...