Colombia! - Discos Fuentes (1960-76) (Soundway)

hans_dbhans_db 18 Posts
edited March 2007 in Announcements
More than two years in the making, 'Colombia!' the latest Soundway compilation is about to drop!Assisted by Roberto Ernesto Gyemant[/b], who was closely involved in the making of the ???Panama??? compilation as well, Miles Cleret[/b] has put together twenty (!) outstanding tracks, showcasing a very diverse picture of Colombian 60s-70s music:???A world away from the smooth NY salsa approach, the sounds emanating from the Barrios and beaches of Colombia are a unique mixture of Latin sounds and Afro Rhythms, drawing influences from the New York and Puerto Rican Latin scenes, the Highlife and Rumba of West Africa and the Calypso of the Caribbean, as well as the Tropical Rhythms of the Colombian Cumbia, Gaita, Fandango and Porro.??? Very recommended! There's most definitely more to Colombia than coca and coffee.. s?? se??or! Vamos! A gozar![/b]Watch out for the 7" accompanying this release, featuring a dope colombian funk take on Fela's 'Let's Start'...

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    i can't wait!

• Damn dude I just heard one of the 45's from this...one side great cumbia and the other side a heavy, heavy, HEAVY funk fela cover. Incredible stuff.

• maswaxmaswax 22 Posts
    can you post a tracklist of this badboy? discos fuentes has always been one of my top 5 fav labels...

• can you post a tracklist of this badboy? discos fuentes has always been one of my top 5 fav labels...

Colombia! The golden age of Discos Fuentes, the Powerhouse of Colombian music

Fruko Y Sus Tesos-Salsa Na Ma-4:13
    Lito Barrientos Y Su Orquesta-Cumbia En Do Menor-2:46
    Michi Sarmiento Y Sus Bravos-Hong Kong-3:53
    Sonora Cieneguera-La Piojosa-2:53
    Fruko Y Sus Tesos-Improvisando-3:50
    The Latin Brothers-Patrona De Los Reclusos (CD ONLY)-6:13
    Wganda Kenya-Tifit Hayed-3:40
    Pedro Laza Y Sus Pelayeros-Fandango En Percusion-2:45
    Orquesta Nunez-La Samaria-2:57
    Los Corraleros de Majagual-El Mondongo-10:13
    Fruko Y Sus Tesos-A La Memoria Del Muerto-4:21
    Michi Sarmiento Y Sus Bravos-La Primavera (CD ONLY)-2:16