Super Disco Hyphy: download now (128) !

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Well the initial push is done and it's only a matter of time before it's on the torrents, so I figured I'd put it out there for preview. If you like what you hear please support both me and RAJ by copping it H E R E. Thanks and enjoy.SUPER DISCO HYPHY (128) tracks: 1 Chris and Ray/Kleer Intro2 Keak Da Sneak- Super Hyphy (spellbound disco edit)3 Too Short- Burn Rubber (dj spair/fatback remix/b.cause curse edit)3 Federation f/ E-40- Hyphy (looking up to you remix)5 B- Legit/Archie Bell- Strategy To Destiny (players edit)6 Digable Planets say tay keylock with 40 and short7 Messy Marv (citispeak reslapp happy)8 F.A.B. verse (town speak revised)9 Mac Dre- I NEED an Eighth (lakeside what it look like chop)10 San Quinn & E-A-Ski- Hell Yeah (in too deep/in tune slommper)11 Too Short- Shake That Monkey (uptown top-shelf re-vamp)12 The Team- It's Getting Hot (smerphie's furnace synth remix)13 Moses Music soul interlude with the Spencer Jackson Singers14 E-40 & Keak Da Sneak- Tell Me When To Go (devastating to your ear mix)15 The Pack- Vans (recurring spaceship blendit)16 Frontline- Bang It (pioneers violin hollow slump)17 Jeanette Day- Keak/Quinn/Ray Luv bay area interlude (heavy percussion edit)18 Vaughan Mason/Monica Thornton - Give It up/Bounce (the bridge)19 Mac Dre- Mac Dre IS The Name20 Bailey - U See IT (shalimar's juju 3 part edit)21 F ederation- (antibalas just b.cause mix)22 Sandy Kerr- Thug Rock + e-40 Trying to Leave The Disco With Sumthin'23 Messy Marv- Get On My Hype (i don't want it unless orange KRUSH is in it mix)24 Ronnie Hutson- Bay Area Poplock edit '0125 One Way- Pop It26 Skyy-High (too short's v.i.p. instro)27 11/5-Time f/ RBL, Marvin Gaye, Traxamillion, Chocolate Milk28 Andre Nickatina w/ Equipto & Shag Nasty - Big Boss Talk (sal-soul's levan dub split)29 Dazz Band- Don't Get Caught30 E-40 & B-Legit- Gangsta Funk (don't get caught re-visited)31 Federation/Tussle- What If I Had a Gun (deep disco dub blend)

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    this mix is fantastic btw, i meant to write something about it on the internet before, but i didn't, so i will now.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    downloading now. looks

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    You know how I love me some modern soul and disco boogie shit. This mix is molten lava.

• B. Cause mixes are always top notch. Extremely well done. The Federation - bang it mix is hot.

B. Cause is also one very nice, down to earth guy.

If you like this, you need Night Of The Remix.

• you're a prince for posting this. will definitely cop next time I place an order.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Awesome mix. Thanks for puttin this up.

• B. Cause mixes are always top notch. Extremely well done. The Federation - bang it mix is hot.

B. Cause is also one very nice, down to earth guy.

If you like this, you need Night Of The Remix.

biggo cosign on this.

disco hyphy is my shit right now.

as far as b-cause goes, i celebrate his entire catalogue

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    This mix is molten lava.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Phenomenal mix as usual b-cause.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    as far as b-cause goes, i celebrate his entire catalogue

Keep up the good work J*sh!

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    One of the chillest dudes I ever had the pleasure talking with.
    Super nice cat,mad knowledge and he's always smiling:)

A good dude and always nice to see him play out
    (even though it;s been a good couple of years since I have seen him go!)

That mix is ill by the way J##h,keep on keeping on'

Will be on the shop this week, again!

Much peace and respect:
    Adrian

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think I brought this up in the Announcements thread, but the chorus on "Hyphy (Looking Up To You Remix), has to be one of the more intense musical passages I've heard in a long time.

I wonder what it felt like to hear that come together for the first time.

• gracias

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    THIS IS MY FAVORITE NEW MIXTAPE.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    WHOA

this is nice! not even 10 minutes in

• Thanks!

- J

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This is fantastic. Major props, and I will endeavour to cop this ASAP.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    this mix is fantastic btw, i meant to write something about it on the internet before, but i didn't, so i will now.

Yeah, I'm not sure if I ever told Young Earnest how much I like it but, like all of his mixes, I think it's excellent.

• Phenomenal mix as usual b-cause.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Thanks for this. I had no idea you were B Cause
    Your remixes of Vans and White Girl are played regularly around the house, dope stuff.

• Thanks dudes, for giving this one a listen. Really, really appreciate it.

This was an all vinyl mix, so no mp3's were harmed in the creation of this project. I fully encourage the purchase of vinyl from the artists featured above, the benefits of owning the 12"s are well worth the price of admission (acapellas you can't download, no crappy mp3 quality, etc) as well as a way to help keep these indie cats putting out WAX.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    This was an all vinyl mix, so no mp3's were harmed in the creation of this project.

Wow. I pretty much assumed this was seratoed out. Again, nice work.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Thanks dudes, for giving this one a listen. Really, really appreciate it.

This was an all vinyl mix, so no mp3's were harmed in the creation of this project. I fully encourage the purchase of vinyl from the artists featured above, the benefits of owning the 12"s are well worth the price of admission (acapellas you can't download, no crappy mp3 quality, etc) as well as a way to help keep these indie cats putting out WAX.

I kept wondering "How in the filznilz did he get all these acapellas?!"

Then I remembered you're the Almighty King Of The Yay Area Slappaers.

(Jinxy's just a jester in the game.)

Herm

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I've said it before and I'll say it many times again....B.Cause is for the KIDS.

• Then I remembered you're the Almighty King Of The Yay Area Slappaers.

haha, actually since J's thing is group harmony, he would best crowned "king of the yay area WEEPERS" I would rather like to aspire to the title, "The Shire Of SHERM".

signed,

P. WEEBLES

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Then I remembered you're the Almighty King Of The Yay Area Slappaers.

haha, actually since J's thing is group harmony, he would best crowned "king of the yay area WEEPERS" I would rather like to aspire to the title, "The Shire Of SHERM".

signed,

P. WEEBLES

Then who is Lord Of Them Thangs? Here ye, hear yee!

If I lived in the 'Bay I'd have an all night slumper party.

Herm

P.S. P.M.?

• scrimboscrimbo 49 Posts
    Thanks. D/L'ing now:)

Sounds ...

• the soundtrack to this evenings cooking - thanks so !

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Thanks dudes, for giving this one a listen. Really, really appreciate it.

Whoa, even more impressive! The whole thing is really slick and well-executed, and it's one of the most original mixtape concepts I've come across in a minute.

While we're showering you with praise, I've run out your Dap-Kings/Holla Point blend a few times at the bar I spin at and it gets a very good response.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    This is the dopest shit ever. I don't endorse lightly either. Hyphy has never been funkier. Perfect blend of the old and new school. Heeells yes. Will cop a real copy, of course.
    ~gNAT