Upcoming events in San Francisco: Mid June edition

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited June 2005 in Announcements
Thursday, June 9thTunnel Top ThursdaysEclectic selection of party times having get down, chopped and squished (roughly translated)w/ DJ's (filling in for out of town Toph One) KINGMOST (I'm saying though)B-CAUSE (4onefunk)Props to Mr. Toph for holding isht down and biking to SoCal for a good cause. We'll drink one (more likely a few) for him in his absence.Bush @ Stockon in the SFCNo Cover 10-2 21up w/ IDhttp://www.tunneltop.comFriday, June 10thELECTRIC RELAXATIONClassic hip-hop, soul, funk, 80's and party jams right heah in the lower Haight.Pizza joint right next door to ensure you wake up with the roof of your mouth burnt...featuring DJ'sMizzo (thinkbeat)B-Cause (4onefunk)Ales (4onefunk/mule tools)@Nickies460 Haight st. @ FillmoreSF CA 21 & up w/ ID$5 all nightSaturday, June 11thCalifornia Livin' Bay Area classics all night, from the old to the new!w/ DJ'sKing Most (i'm saying though/blu-bunny barrio)Troubleman (born & raised)Rogg Hogg (ital selection/sa-ha)B-Cause (4onefunk/pasue crew)@ 26 Mix3024 Mission st. @ 26th21up w/ ID $5 before 11pminfo: extra-classic.comFriday, June 24thlive in san francisco @ club sixSTYLUSAn improvisational night of hip-hop featuring live drums, bass, saxophone, percussion and tuntables.Hosted by PEP LoveFeaturing:Drums: Big G (808 Band)Saxophone: Kenny Brooks (alphabet soup)Bass : Lou Soprano (noble house records)Turntables: DJ's Teeko, Ales, B-Cause (4onefunk)@ Club six60 6th street @ mission/market$5 9-10:30/$10 afterladies free till 10:3021 up w/ IDalso stay tuned for the Freestyle Olympics, coming in JULY: Here are the Events and Rules:WORDPLAY-Mcs will be giving 5 words determined by the judges to freestyle about for 1 minute. They will be judged on Style, Usage of words, and Stage Presence.TOPICS-There will be 16 topics total-8 topics chosen by random people in the crowd that night, 8 from the judges. Each MC will pick 2 topics out of a hat and freestyle for 2 minute on that subject. Again they will be judged on Style, usage of topic, and stage presence.BATTLE-We saved the Battle for the last event. After the wordplay and topic rounds 4 MCS that had the most points will battle it out in 8-bar format where each mc gets 8 bars to freestyle and then has to pass the mic to the opposing mc for 2 minutes. The judges in combination with the crowd response will determine the winner.JUDGING-There will be 3 judges total-1 Celebrity judge, 1 Local emerging MC, and 1 Hip-Hop Magazine editor. Judges will judge on Style, Usage of topic, and stage presence. 10 points per category with 30 points total per event.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

OH NO BLUD CAN I CALL HIM DRE?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Friday, June 24th

live in san francisco @ club six

STYLUS

An improvisational night of hip-hop featuring live drums, bass, saxophone, percussion and tuntables.

Hosted by PEP Love

Featuring:

Drums: Big G (808 Band)
    Saxophone: Kenny Brooks (alphabet soup)
    Bass : Lou Soprano (noble house records)
    Turntables: DJ's Teeko, Ales, B-Cause (4onefunk)

@ Club six
    60 6th street @ mission/market
    $5 9-10:30/$10 after
    ladies free till 10:30
    21 up w/ ID

ms. bonnie and i shall be here in spirit!

YAY joshful-B! do it dude

• thanks Bluds

on the turntable: Nicolette but you can call her Northbay

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I just got my copy of "I hope I don't go back" (courtesey of the NON) and the thizz 12''.

SO SPICEY!

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    I just got my copy of "I hope I don't go back" (courtesey of the NON) and the thizz 12''.

SO SPICEY!

is that the forty water version???? can i trade back that mac mall? or, better still, i got a copy of that Omarian "Touch" you love so much.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    i got a copy of that Omarian "Touch" you love so much.

Tell us it ain't so, Phoniks.

• i got a copy of that Omarian "Touch" you love so much.

sooooooo Phoniks.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's my shit that's my shit (the instrumental that is)

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's my shit that's my shit (the instrumental that is)

hogginthefogg mourns Google's lack of sufficient "slippery slope" images.

i wonder what lil miss sayin tho thinks about that hot new B5 jam?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Hi Guys! June is mad decent. SCHOOOOOOOOL's OUT 4-EVVVAAA!!!!

• dj_netadj_neta 166 Posts
    i wonder if mr callin out knows that the new B5 jam is a shameful cover of a perfect TROOP song?

i wonder if mr callin out knows that the new B5 jam is a shameful cover of a perfect TROOP song?

wrong one. they got a new more dancey jingle going on now.

• BUMPTION

Cali Livin' Tonight