Soul Strut Wayback Machine Link

Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Having heard about this archival thing and having not been here from way back when, thought people may appreciate the link to older Soul Strut threads from before the infamous board crash of whenever it was. http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.soulstrut.com/Not perfect by any means, as anything from the forums in '04 seem to not exist but best your gonna get it seemsEDIT: I suspect this may be what people would be looking for if I have my SS folklore down http://web.archive.org/web/20030117000830/www.soulstrut.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000849.htmlEDIT: EDIT: Actually I suspect it ain't . oh well.

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I forgot all about posting as "angel view" back then

Man, alot of us have been on here for a long ass time.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Does Chris=Birdman9?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    little dudes revealed.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    little dudes revealed.

Sayin. I was re-reading some of those like , myself included.

"Is this Doug Carn record any good?" hahaha

5 years is a minute tho.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    " They Really Love Us--> Soul Strut will be published world wide in the US and UK version of Internet Cool Guide. We are listed as one of the "coolest" music sites on the net with big names like Sonic Net and MTV.com. (Set to publish this month, we hope.)"[/b]

ahahahahahahha....

cool.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hey you guys have bad taste in music. I buy some Leo Sayer and Boz Scag after I read this, and those albums are not as good. Do rap producer makes background music from sampling? No I think most rap producer like to use keyboard, because your recrods are not that good. Keep trying.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Raj Mahal: If you crate scouring kids want to be lumped in the same category as these O-Town snagging, Avril Lavigne swallowing Sam Goody loyalists, then fine with me.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    Does Chris=Birdman9?

no.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Man, alot of us have been on here for a long ass time.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Who did Noz used to be, I wonder?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    SOMEONE FIND SHITBIRD!

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    That shit is a real mind-bender.

• What yr(s) did DJ DSL or DJ DSR or something like that have a front page old school hip hop feature set that he updated on a regular basis..he'd play all the classic rap shit. I found out he lived on like 1 or 2 streets from me(in S Carolina) and wanted to link up with him through this site(btw,he is the reason I found the site to begin with..then I discovered the message board and the rest is histroy. The reason I am wondering when he DJ'd here on the Strut, because then i'll know when I officiall got "down" with the strut. I thought it was around 99 or 2000 or something? I could be wrong..Raj? Can you answer that for me? I think I have emailed you before asking but no reply. I would really like to know.
    THanks,
    Heath

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    What yr(s) did DJ DSL or DJ DSR or something like that have a front page old school hip hop feature set that he updated on a regular basis..he'd play all the classic rap shit. I found out he lived on like 1 or 2 streets from me(in S Carolina) and wanted to link up with him through this site(btw,he is the reason I found the site to begin with..then I discovered the message board and the rest is histroy. The reason I am wondering when he DJ'd here on the Strut, because then i'll know when I officiall got "down" with the strut. I thought it was around 99 or 2000 or something? I could be wrong..Raj? Can you answer that for me? I think I have emailed you before asking but no reply. I would really like to know.
    THanks,
    Heath

DLS was putting sets up from 2001-2002.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Things I noticed from browsing some of those links;

I first registered here (under my own name) on November 18th 2001, and pretty much lurked for months. I was still Mr. Shorty Post-Count with a grand total of nine posts almost a year later.

There used to be a lot more Brits posting here back then. I think the number of us who post here regularly now would be lucky to reach double figures.

The days of people openly jocking Shadow aren't as long ago as some might think.

EDIT: Vinylneck disses a (kinda lame) comp I put together.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Look at how smart I used to sound back when I was in college.

Your boy is an O.G. in the game over here.

Junkies Prayer is AI
    SOul Purpose, Brocolli Bonzai, Brocolli Loc, = Johnny Paychecks.

Bsides88 = Bsides.

• http://web.archive.org/web/20030119230735/www.soulstrut.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/002556.html

whoa, the only time in history 2 members of Memphix on soulstrut posted in the same thread(the only post from "jones" himself it looks like)

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Hey you guys have bad taste in music. I buy some Leo Sayer and Boz Scag after I read this, and those albums are not as good. Do rap producer makes background music from sampling? No I think most rap producer like to use keyboard, because your recrods are not that good. Keep trying.

CLASSIC. I can't believe I actually remember some of these threads. Didn't realize I lurked on here that long.

• dang, not all the threads work...I posted a setlist thread back in '02...would have like to see what (non)raers I spun..cant remember that far back!

• damn it was really very record related back then.

this made me laugh out loud...

"Topic: Gay Breaks

posted 09-27-2002 01:56 PM

There's lots of talk about lesbian breaks on this forum, but what about their sisters in crime, gay men. There was an article just recently in the NYTimes about out gay jazz musicians that listed Andy Bey and Gary Burton as to of the more well known musicians. Anyone know others? I've heard rumors that Sun Ra was, well, just plain strange, but also maybe had leanings."

by my man mikefreedomrock. mike where you at?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    this thread makes me want to get all from the internet 4 life

bsides on dj shadow!

Bsides88
    180 gram Pressing
    posted 04-05-2002 03:06 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Im not really sick of hearing about him anymore. The man's just finished a new album, and its quite a piece of work! Spine magazine does really dope interviews and shadow actually gives really open and insightful responses. Even Going so far as to talking about how he flips snare drums! For all the talk, I very rarely read a first hand interview with the guy. Spine magazine's done two, and I remember one from like 94 asking him all about trip hop. Havent seen alot of press for the album though. Thats fucked up that only 4 people had access to it and it still got leaked.

Bsides88
    180 gram Pressing
    posted 04-06-2002 06:05 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please people, lets try to tone down the sarcasm a notch. I'm drowning in hatorade over here!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    catchdubs
    Re-issue Pressing
    posted 08-21-2003 10:10 AM
    if the recent dipset beats have been any indication, i think dizzee has a definite chance for US acceptance.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    3 posts in and i can tell this thread is a gem:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030901133047/www.soulstrut.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/005667.html

lol @ everyone hating tupac! how daring

can't see second and third pages

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    MikeFreedomRock
    180 gram Pressing
    posted 07-18-2003 05:57 PM
    I never bought a Tupac record after his first, but I did like I get around.
    I've never owned an NWA record.

I'm not crazy about Pete Rock and CL Smooth's albums, though I think the beats were incredible.

I liked Kwame -- The Rhythm

I liked Kriss Kross -- Jump AND Warm it up Kris. [/b]

OK, that's enough. I feel dirty.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Shit is like reading my diary - I FEEL VIOLATED

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Shit is like reading my diary - I FEEL VIOLATED

The old me kind of reminds the current me of deej.

Let us not speak of this again.

• Shit is like reading my diary - I FEEL VIOLATED

The old me kind of reminds the current me of Deejy F. Rillz[/b].

PLEASE SAY THE RILLZ.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Whats weird is that I completely forgot that there was time when Faux was more or less "normal" and talked somewhat like a human.

2003 = Soulstrut's golden age?!?