Si, Para Usted FINISHED: Thanks Soulstrut

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
After nearly eight months of work and sweat and endless inane conversations with Cuban officials, I???ve finally finished Si, Para Usted: The Funky Beats of Revolutionary Cuba. The first batch of CDs arrived from the manufacturer this afternoon and they are looking brilliant. Distribution in Japan and Europe is in the works, Canada and USA is pending, and I???ve got nifty little buttons on my website that will let you buy it direct. I???m hugely excited to have the finished product in my hands, but this CD belongs to Soulstrut as well. I wouldn???t have been able to bumble through this project without the massive help of a dozen different strutters and for this I am really thankful. A few brief mentions:--Mike from Burlesque for incredible the incredible design--Thes One for patiently sharing endless knowledge about the ways of the music world--Paul from Samo media for the help with manufacturing--Rich/Rockadelic for sage advice on reissues --Haz for the business advice--Aser/Catalist/et al for the feedback and pointing me towards the next project--Raj for bringing me into contact with all these folks and showing me how to make Papal shopping carts work--Joe from MDF for doing the mastering and tweaking--AKO for doing the Waxing Deep logo--All the strutters who are about to buy a copy (at risk of being a little presumptuous)--Ron EZ for introducing me to the title trackAdd to the list if I???m forgetting someone! Tracklisting, mp3 samples, and details at www.waxingdeep.orgIf I can anyone uploading this on realheadz it's BAN!

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Copped.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This is dope & I'm not just sayin' that. The beats are sic. You need this cd in your life.

Please stop and cop!!!!

peace

h

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Wow! Excellent work.

Do you have any idea if there will be radio distribution? I work at WHUS (Uconn, Storrs) where there are a lot of soul/funk DJs as well as a lot of "world" DJs. This would be a crossover classic that would be heavily cherished.

• roneazyroneazy 111 Posts
    Congrats Danno! Very cool that you did this! Look forward to hearing it.

Incidentally, didn't u get the title track originally (via a certain UK compiler) off of me?

Kudos again buddy..! Can't wait to get a copy!

RON

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    THANK YOU!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Can't wait to hear the whole thing. Great work Danno

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Danno.....looks great....can't wait for Volume 2

I'll order one this week.

Nice job!!

Rich

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    what's cooking for the si, para usted dinner party?

steak & lobstaaaah hah!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Congrats Danno! Very cool that you did this! Look forward to hearing it.

Incidentally, didn't u get the title track originally (via a certain UK compiler) off of me?

Kudos again buddy..! Can't wait to get a copy!

RON

Yep, that's right!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Just ordered!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    what's cooking for the si, para usted dinner party?

steak & lobstaaaah hah!

yea baby!

Dan , congrats man ! I know the feeling must be excellent.

Let the worldwide domination begin.

• i am so excited to hear this ... heading to waxingdeep...

congrats.

• hell yeah. been waiting for this to drop. nice work.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Congrats Danno!

Were you always going to put Son A Propulsion on? Or was that from me forcing HAZ & Aser check it out?

That track is FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I should have bought the record when I had the chance.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Congrats, Danno. Looking good!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I love the illustration and design work!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Can't wait to hear the remastered versions of these. Great Job!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Ordered.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Congratulations, Danno. Looking very nice, and I'm sure the sounds match the package. I'll keep an eye out for it when it reaches the Euro distributors.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Congrats, this looks like a truly unmissable collection, works out at a decent price for us overseas strutters as well!

Who do you have lined up for the Si, Para Usted Remixed album?

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    congrats danno... good luck with it...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Learn about a new sub-genre everyday:

Looks great. The cover design almost reminds me of something by that dude who always does the artwork for Wes Anderson movies. I think it might be his brother. Nice lookin'...

• nice job. can't wait.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    BUMP

Glad to see this finally come to life!

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    Congrat, Dan! I know you busted your ass on this. I'm looking forward to copping this!

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    This is seriously a great comp, and I'm really happy SAMO was involved. Thanks Dan!!

paul

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    congrats on completion of the project Dan!

people, you need this in your life. i have listened to the CD from beginning to end countless times. its so solid! great selection!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I just ordered my copy and am really looking forward to it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    And for anyone that's not up on it, here's a great book to accompany the listening experience:

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I just ordered my copy and am really looking forward to it.

Likewise.