FUNK PEOPLE - HELP NEEDED to ID THESE SONGS!

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Yo folks, here's a few songs that are off an OLD ass mix of mine, the first 45 Caliber funk jawn to be exact. I just found this and I'm about to try and upload it, but I couldn't find teh track list and I don't have my records on me so I can't just go back and try and find them. I know most of teh records on thsi but tese 4 ESCAPE me for some reason. In the immportal words of mister JB, "Can I get some help?"SONG 1: I thin this might be called "LC Funk" for some reason. It had a green lable... anyone know this one?SONG 2: For some reason I think this is like a new release, like Soul Fire or something, but I cannot remember what the deal is.SONG 3: - STEVE COLT "DYNAMITE"???????SONG 4: Again, I can't remember. Any idea? I remember it having a red label...

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yo folks, here's a few songs that are off an OLD ass mix of mine, the first 45 Caliber funk jawn to be exact. I just found this and I'm about to try and upload it, but I couldn't find teh track list and I don't have my records on me so I can't just go back and try and find them. I know most of teh records on thsi but tese 4 ESCAPE me for some reason. In the immportal words of mister JB, "Can I get some help?"

SONG 1: I thin this might be called "LC Funk" for some reason. It had a green lable... anyone know this one?

SONG 2: For some reason I think this is like a new release, like Soul Fire or something, but I cannot remember what the deal is.

SONG 3: What the fuck is this?

SONG 4: Again, I can't remember. Any idea? I remember it having a red label...

Song 1 = The New Cymbals: LC Funk?

Song 3 = Indeed, it is Steve Colt's "Dynamite"

• Song 2 = Third Point - "Majestic Soul" (Soul Fire 007)

• the last one is Soul President "Get it Right" on Big Mack records.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Song 2 = Third Point - "Majestic Soul" (Soul Fire 007)

RIght! Knew it was a new joint.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    the last one is Soul President "Get it Right" on Big Mack records.

Fuck yes THANKS hook up. Nice one guys.

Likely the Soul Fire re-issue ... at least thats what I have.

• Song 1: "L.C. Funk" The New Cymbals DE-549-1 De Lite records
    sounds like its on plus 4 to me...

hope that helps

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Song 1: "L.C. Funk" The New Cymbals DE-549-1 De Lite records
    sounds like its on plus 4 to me...

hope that helps

Also originally on the Rapda label, as by Lee Williams & the Cymbals.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Also originally on the Rapda label, as by Lee Williams & the Cymbals.

That's it, Lee Williams. I remember it being on a green label, but I know Dee-Lite also did green lables for a second as well, right?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    the last one is Soul President "Get it Right" on Big Mack records.

This came out first as Rhon Silva on Uptight records outta the Bay area. Not sure what the Detroit/Big Mack connection was. Someone on here could probably tell us though.

This came out first as Rhon Silva on Uptight records outta the Bay area. Not sure what the Detroit/Big Mack connection was. Someone on here could probably tell us though.

Not sure. Here is the info printed on the label anyway:

Label: Big Mack
    Info: McCoy Recording Co.
    7018 W. Warren
    Detroit, Mich
    24221 A

Song: Get It Right (R. Silva)
    Artist: The Soul President
    Prod. by Ed McCoy

What I have is a Soul Fire records repress of this 45. Soul Fire Dist. SF - 012 is scratched in the lead out.