JAPANESE GEM (JPEG included)

izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
i'm totally clueless about this record...if anybody got infos, or knows about the content, or own it, holla...

edit reason:
I can't see the jpeg... did ebay shut down the link? yaaargh
-M

Comments

• damn..that looks pretty fucking dope. id like to hear it for sure.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Not up on that record, but it looks dope. Maybe I'll catch one in Tokyo next month. I can email some of the Nihonjin hommies and see what's up with the record.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    thx both...i've been tryin hard, but my japanese skills sucks big time.

• Dude that record is AWESOME.

I can't find it right now, but I got it a couple of weeks ago (thanks, Neville).

Crazy version of Immigrant Song, too (titled "Immigration Song" on the album). But if I recall correctly it's a solid album all the way through.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Yeah it's a dope record, lots of nice percussion and stuff... there's a few more by the same artists in that series, but from memory, that is their most solid overall effort!

peace.

ahem...i know it's gonna sound crazy, but me not have the credits!!!
    can you hook a brother up with some names and release date, if i'm not pressing my luck.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    i'm totally clueless about this record...if anybody got infos, or knows about the content, or own it, holla...

I used to have another album by that group. Don't remember the name, but it had a picture of a blond girl on the cover. Cover versions of the usual suspects, Beatles and so on. A couple of beats, but a bit too sloppy and too much nondescript percussion on top of them. Had to move it on to the next man. That one looks doper. Probably a bunch of japanese studio musicians getting their groove on.

• sniffinsniffin 18 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's by Takeshi Onodera & Los Onoderas. I have another Quad record by him called Latin Drum, same sort of stuff, lots of covers, lots of breaks...

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    ahem...if i'm not pressing my luck.

fiyah alarm!! place your ebay bids now!!

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    dope looking record!

probably not helping much, but I saw a couple for sale on gemm.com. Its supposed to be a bunch of covers of seventies rocksongs.

thx...it was helpful a least.

• I'm pretty sure it's by Takeshi Onodera & Los Onoderas. I have another Quad record by him called Latin Drum, same sort of stuff, lots of covers, lots of breaks...

Takeshi Onodera & Los Onoderas - 'Latin Drum', just picked this up today in a trade, I like it .

Anyone know the year of release?,also do they have other ish thats worth a punt?.

Done the 'Google' etc,difficult to find much info.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Takeshi has a "Rock Drums" album too. I didn't either to be that mind-blowing though if you're into percussion breaks then either album has little bits here and there but nothing block-shaking.

Oliver

I'm pretty sure it's by Takeshi Onodera & Los Onoderas. I have another Quad record by him called Latin Drum, same sort of stuff, lots of covers, lots of breaks...

Takeshi Onodera & Los Onoderas - 'Latin Drum', just picked this up today in a trade, I like it .

Anyone know the year of release?,also do they have other ish thats worth a punt?.

Done the 'Google' etc,difficult to find much info.