Shazzy/ Attitude: a hip hop rapsody

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Picked this up today.Damn the beats are serious! Why did they give these beats to Shazzy I mean she???s not wack by any means but these beats sound dope now I can only imagine how good they sounded at the time. Surely the SD50???s must have known some better MC???s? But then they gave H2O great beats too and they weren???t very good either?

Comments

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I remember Phill Most had some inside stories regarding this album, no?

• I remember Phill Most had some inside stories regarding this album, no?
    Yeah.
    I remember this record being discussed here a few years ago, but its taken me this long to find it (out in the field), guess not many of them got imported to the UK.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i think i have a 12" w/ a pete rock remix.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    I think Dante Ross said that Elektra had the Stimulated Dummies sign a one-off contract to produce Shazzy's entire LP. She wasn't a friend they were trying to put on or anything.

• I also recall hearing Dante say that they didn't give her any hot beats because they thought she was wack.

• If these are the bad beats I'd love to hear the good ones.

I was in the studio w/ Pete Rock when he was doing some beats for Shazzy but I think it was for the album after that one. Or for a remix or some schitt, I can't remember. Y'all think it would be violatin' if I post some audio from the session? Ahhh, it probably would be violatin'. Nevermind.

• If these are the bad beats I'd love to hear the good ones.

I agree - I celebrate all of the Elektra hip hop releases around this time.

I was in the studio w/ Pete Rock when he was doing some beats for Shazzy but I think it was for the album after that one. Or for a remix or some schitt, I can't remember. Y'all think it would be violatin' if I post some audio from the session? Ahhh, it probably would be violatin'. Nevermind.

post it. I just talked to Pete. He said you should post it (true story ).