Da Cheese Roll. NRR

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Were any strutters in the crowd at Coopers Hill in Gloucester for the cheese roll festival today?

For anyone who doesn't know, its where every year, a big 7 pound chunk of double gloucester is set loose down a DAMN steep hill of about 70 degrees and then people race to the bottom as fast as humanly possible.

Whoever makes it to the bottom first, wins the cheese (which has been known to knock people out as it flys down at about 70 mph). People get extemely messed up from falling and serious injuries are common.

Oh and everyone gets drunk and shouts.

Check dis realplayer video . Keep your eye on the dude on the right.

Comments

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    this made my day...i woulda given this an anonymous star if we still could...

• For anyone who doesn't know, its where every year, a big 7 pound chunk of double gloucester is set loose down a DAMN steep hill of about 70 degrees and then people race to the bottom as fast as humanly possible.

Whoever makes it to the bottom first, wins the cheese.

Damn that is one delicious feat of physical prowess... I love cheese. Lately, I been buying cheese wheels and blocks and just eating that shit like a pungent fruit. Fuck a cracker.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i also love cheese, but im not sure I would be willing to endure physical harm to get a block of it.

Whats the deal with that cheese? Is it really good or something?

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I dont think any cheese is good enough to sustain a serious spinal injury over, but its damn worth seeing. Slightly disturbing too.

Heres a realplayer video of another race from the same day. More hardcore cheese heads payin dues for cheese.

There are womens heats too. Some crazy drunk girl from New Zealand won it for the second time in a row this year.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    For anyone who doesn't know, its where every year, a big 7 pound chunk of double gloucester is set loose down a DAMN steep hill of about 70 degrees and then people race to the bottom as fast as humanly possible.

Whoever makes it to the bottom first, wins the cheese.

Damn that is one delicious feat of physical prowess... I love cheese. Lately, I been buying cheese wheels and blocks and just eating that shit like a pungent fruit. Fuck a cracker.
    damn, i wish i could get down with the stinky cheese like you. that stuff makes hurts my lower back.

It was going off man. About 4000 or so in attendance.

On the way back all the traffic was being held up to let the ambulances get through.

I think they park all the ambulances up there before it goes off so they get a head start.