w e e k e n d findz (pre-halloween edition)

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
the results of 2 hits (last week and yesterday) on a crammed office/storage space room that had 'part 2' of the hip hop stuff i found back in august. all from an apparently big-ish dj/producer, but i was working thru 2 middlemen, so i have no clue who was dumping their collection. Also there was 45s and non hip hop stuff from random other collections, it was all mixed up. if you dont like pictures, best click "back" now..pt 1: here comes the hip-hop insanity: 45s. nothing insane but a nice batch, incl s.o.u.l., bobby byrd, etc the 'regular' LPs: the next 3 pix are all doubles, mostly nice shape, PM w/trade ideas if interested. and finally, these were the best lps of the, er, 2 days, imo:

Comments

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i gave up like 5 pictures in

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Jeezus dude.

So many things to comment on,
    but I'll just say: Lightnin' Hopkins =

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• Uh.. thats like more records than I own.

• thanks for crashing my computer you lucky s.o.b.
    peace, stein. . .

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    what is the silver lp (advanced preview disco sleeve)? looks interesting.
    i love the bobby matos lp.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    yeah dude you came up hard

we beleive you

• We need JLR to come in here and do an investigation. That shit's just ridiculous.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    what is the silver lp (advanced preview disco sleeve)? looks interesting.
    i love the bobby matos lp.

i took that picture just because it was a total mystery. ive since listened, and it turns out to be a 70s hard rock/space rock album, in the realm of Deep Purple/Free/Wishbone Ash etc. some of the songs are terdy, but some have cool freaked out mystical intros and B-3 wackiness. i thought it might be xtian cuz of the title, but the songs do not support this theory.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    we're gonna have to start another more user friendly weekend finds thread, cause this one takes a year to load.

• yo karlo, pm me if that copy of "food" is up for trade.

found some good things during a quick sweep of the 215

ismael rivera and cortijo Everything but the kitchen sink
    tito puente and la lupe
    ocho 3
    cullen knight looking up
    dirt nation khadija
    bobby shew class reunion
    a jerry gonzalez record
    a nice indian stk with ravi shankar

and a copy of "nice and nasty 3" ultimate rap...it was with some older records, but id be surprised if its not a re-re. anyone know how to tell the diference? anyone have an og in their crates?

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts

and a copy of "nice and nasty 3" ultimate rap...it was with some older records, but id be surprised if its not a re-re. anyone know how to tell the diference? anyone have an og in their crates?
    I have an original. Look for "FW HP " in the runout.

• Soul Bros. - Egal O.K (Studio One)

The Heptones - Hypocrite (JoGibs)

Suzette - To Sir with Love (Wirl)

This last one is a great Delroy Wilson cover version of "Get ready" originally written and produced by Smokey Robinson. This version eventually got a proper release on the Island/Wirl label in the mid to late sixties.

Delroy Wilson - Get ready (Blank)

Sound Clip: http://www.yousendit.com/download/aRYPhY4vp3k%3D

• and a copy of "nice and nasty 3" ultimate rap...it was with some older records, but id be surprised if its not a re-re. anyone know how to tell the diference? anyone have an og in their crates?

thanks al. i got that little smiley face. but i wont get my hopes up just yet. any other indications? anyone got the re-re? i wouldnt be too mad if it was an og.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    $4 total for these:

and last but certainly not least...

and a bunch more $1-$2 45s.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    st vinny de paul thrifto had a surplus of black covered albums.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/anet.jpg>

Annette was $8, got it before it hit the floor, the rest were out of the free bin (i love free bins)

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    i buy records just so i can take pictures of them to impress people i don't know.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    i buy records just so i can take pictures of them to impress people i don't know.

So where are the pictures then smart guy!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    You don't have any good records.

• i buy records just so i can take pictures of them to impress people i don't know.
    You don't have any good records.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts

This last one is a great Delroy Wilson cover version of "Get ready" originally written and produced by Smokey Robinson. This version eventually got a proper release on the Island/Wirl label in the mid to late sixties.

Delroy Wilson - Get ready (Blank)

Hows the vers on this, if there is any?
    I've been looking for the dub King Tubby did, anyone know where it's to be found?

• i buy records just so i can take pictures of them to impress people i don't know.
    who said we dont know each other? i plan on marrying a strutter

who said we dont know each other? i plan on marrying a strutter

Hi Tony!

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Shit. I thought I had done okay until I was all those pictures.
    Oh well, I found

Lyn Wooard "Saturday Night Special" Strata, A Certain Ratio "Sextet" Factory
    and approx 25 other nice n classic albums for $17 total.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Shit. I thought I had done okay until I was all those pictures.
    Oh well, I found

Lyn Wooard "Saturday Night Special" Strata, A Certain Ratio "Sextet" Factory
    and approx 25 other nice n classic albums for $17 total.

yo J, skulle Dress og mig droppe forbi her il??bet af snart, med Dejean ogs?? m??ske, h??nge ud og checke dine 's ?

• V/A - Peel Sessions (Too Pure) great limited hand painted 10" with live in the studio tracks from Stereolab, Th Faith Healers and PJ Harvey
    New Age Steppers - S/T (On-U Sound)

and a whole bunch of disco and hip hop 12"s including
    Tasha Thomas - Shoot Me With Your Love (Orbit)
    Atmosphere Strut
    Optimo/Cavern
    Nice and Nasty 3 - The Ultimate Rap (Holiday) OG NM
    worth this much?
    http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4718938219

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts

thanks al. i got that little smiley face. but i wont get my hopes up just yet. any other indications? anyone got the re-re? i wouldnt be too mad if it was an og.

I've never seen the re-re and honestly I didn't even know there was one. I know that I got mine waaay back in the day. I am assuming that the re-issue will hot have the "HP" because it is doubtful that Herb Powers had anything to do with a repress.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    so, if im reading this right, 2 of these:
    Nice and Nasty 3 - The Ultimate Rap (Holiday) (original)
    ...have popped up in one weekend?
    holy crap.
    thats one of the few "*****"'s in "the rap records" book.
    congrats to both of yall.