DC/VA cats: DJ my wedding?

sindiansindian 68 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Fellow strutters,I need your help. I'm getting married in late August, 2007 in Charlottesville, VA. The old battleaxe-to-be has tasked me with finding a DJ. I'm coming to y'all, since we really don't want one of those corny wedding DJs. We want someone who's going to spin some good music and not act like a complete tool. I'm a hip-hop kid, so I want to hear some hip-hop, especially some old school and early 90's stuff. We're also into funk, soul, punk, and indie rock. Fair warning: you'll have to play a few Pixies tracks. We'll also want some classic rock, Motown, or whatever to get the older folks dancing. We have some requests, but we're not trying to micromanage. We just want a DJ who'll kill it. PM me if you're interested or know someone who might be. Also, any advice on finding/selecting a wedding DJ that doesn't suck would be most appreciated. Thanks all. PS We'd be happy to put up a "No Requests" sign if you're worried about getting hassled by guests.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    best place to look.

• Fatback is the guy for you! Just don't bring up politics with him and keep him away from the bridesmaids.
    If he's booked then myself, D-Mac, Secret Chimp and Birdman have all DJed weddings in the area and for the right price will give you an evening you'll never forget.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Fatback is the guy for you! Just don't bring up politics with him and keep him away from the bridesmaids.
    If he's booked then myself, D-Mac, Secret Chimp and Birdman have all DJed weddings in the area and for the right price will give you an evening you'll never forget.

Hire Fatback and you'll probably end up with me or Neville C in tow anyway!
    Seriously, for the indie rock-centric w/Hip Hop and Funk flavor, Fatback probably covers the spread a touch ahead of Neville and D-Mac, but only by a nose. I am a bit idie-ignorant, but make up for it with greasy garage rock crates and plenty of 'club bangers' straight off the radio for the Becky contingent!

Seriously any of the guys Neville mentioned would be great, having spun Fatback's wedding switching off between Neville, Secret Chimp and myself, I can personally attest to the fact that these guys are GREAT wedding DJs for the enlightened crowd!

• I am in Richmond and would be happy to do it. Send me a PM with details if you are interested.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I'd like to talk to you about it. [email]djfatback@gmail.com[/email] Thanks, Frank

• Thanks everyone. I appreciate the info and have just followed up. NevilleC, I still have to check out your store.