Teeko's My Soundstation CD (next level related)

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited October 2006 in Announcements
If you know about Teeko then you know what the deal. If not you should really check dude out, he is making some of the most unique turntable and funk music out right now...it's beyond explanation really unless you've seen it first hand. We performed some of the compositions live the other night at DNA Lounge with a special solo from DJ D-Styles...schitt was a blast! Teeko was recently the recipent of the Grand Prize for Innovative Production from the Berklee College of Music...decided by a couple submissions from this cd...Teeko is now offering his debut album ..Innovative, Pure. Live. The eclectic sounds of My SoundStation kicks open the doors with Teeko emerging as an innovator in a new era of turntablism with a contemporary and progressive edge.After achieving international success, acclaim and recognition for his creativity in international competitive DJ circuits, Bay area-based Teeko of the collective 4onefunk crew, felt the constraints of the battle scene closing in. His musically feral state of mind began to produce original sounds that followed no traditional composition. With a ???no rules??? mantra in mind, Teeko utilized different dynamics of music production, including live sound cutting, solidifying the declaration of the turntable as an instrument. The fusion of live instruments and turntable scratching emitted a hand crafted work of live, fluid art that is anything but duplicated. Teeko???s expression of music divulged what the turntable world had been missing: true musicianship. The end result is a fresh, ear-pleasing album with a wide range of styles and textures that appeals to all music lovers.My SoundStation ???represents a new time for DJs...how they create music as well as collaborate with other musicians. This album takes you on a journey through dope scratching, unique production and ridiculous live instrumentation,??? proclaims fellow Dollar Bin Quintet bandmate, Max Kane. Collaborations featured on My SoundStation include Jazz saxophonist Kenny Brooks and drummer Jay Lane of Alphabet Soup and Ratdog, as well as turntable band The Dollar Bin Quintet (Max Kane, B.Cause, J-1, Mike Boo and Teeko). The world class musicians featured add unique flavor to this distinctive album in turntable scratch music.Teeko???s premier album opens the floodgate to a new epoch in turntablism. The Experts are Saying..."Teeko is the funkiest most soulful turntablist I have ever seen...from the cuts to the records he chooses." -- DJ Jazzy Jeff (DJJazzyJeff.com)"Good musicians hear beautiful music in their heads, but great ones like Teeko have the skills to let others hear as well." -- Qbert (DJQbert.com)"Teeko keeps the art of scratch music moving forward with this album." -- Ricci Rucker (Asisphonics.net)"Teeko continues the Bay Area's legacy with this latest offering. A true musician who knows how to use the turntable to get that 4oneFunk off." -- Shortkut (beatjunkies.com)"With My SoundStation DJ Teeko further elevates turntablism to new artistic heights as the wildly talented musician/composer displays his lineage back beyond mere Hip Hop and into Jazz composition. Brilliant!" -- Billy Jam (HipHopSlam.com)"A landmark album in turntable scratch music. I've never heard anything like it in all my years of DJing. Turntable musicianship at its finest...Jazzy, Funky & organic sounding with all the elements of a timeless album."-- DJ SwiftRock (myspace.com/djswiftrock)http://www.musicesp.comClick on link above and make a search for Teeko.Only from Four One Funk!www.4onefunk.com