davidwingatedavidwingate 748 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
So anyone heard the new On Track Volume 6 yet...is it dope or wack?Amir

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    someone cryin'[night of the] wolf

i gave up waiting

by now those dudes should comp me a copy for hypeing #5 to everyone i know

• it's out now..homie. You should never give up hope...thx for spreading the word on #5 for us!

Amir

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    So anyone heard the new On Track Volume 6 yet...is it dope or wack?

Amir
    The UPS man delivered the CD (as well as the Kings of Diggin' comp) to me today.
    I'm listening to Kings of Diggin' right now and will report back to you about On Track vol. 6 later.
    BTW, Kings of Diggin' is ill!

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    this will be good!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Sounds good, haven't heard the whole thing yet though (2 CD's!).

What's with no tracklist though? F that!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i coppped from fat beats @13.99
    it's a double
    good looks
    cd#2 sounds like on track #5 with regard to selection and compression
    and I must also note every beanie segel/freeway sample ever flipped hahalolz
    and word the only reason i noticed those samples is cuz really only new hip hop i actually dig is philly heat
    brotherly love is poppin off real and hARD right now
    i like dre and vidal too
    cd #1 hasn't sunk in yet cuz cd 2 is stuck in the deck on repeats
    and you gave my boy rich king a mention in the thanks
    classic

• i don't know why everytime I type Labcabin.com it turns into labcabin.com..wtf!!! Anyway, the cd can be copped turntable lab dot com as well. By the way, Rich King hired me at Fat Beats back 97'...so I know homie real well.
    Amir

www.fatbeats.com, sandboxautomatic.com, Labcabin.com, and undergroundhiphop.com

Amir

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    Hey Amir, thanks for replying to my post re the Kings of Diggin cd a couple of weeks ago. I bought it next day and it is absolutely brilliant. Just ordered On Track 5 and 6 so hopefully will get them soon. My brother and I are big fans of your early tapes (our household has copies of each on cd and cass!), I'm sure these ones will be just as good.

• Yo, thanks for purchasing the kod...really appreciate that! Also I really hope you enjoy vol. 5 &6 of on track too. Ok..so has anyone else heard the new on track..any feedback for me??

AMIR

• REMODEREMODE 91 Posts
    I picked ontrack 6 up last week at Jared's shop in NY...I think it is definately worth the $$$...seems like the samples play longer than some past tapes so it is dope to hear more of the songs...also has a good variety of stuff from common soul records to Japanese and KPM loops....definately some nice goodies on here and I recommend everyone scoop it.best 12 dollars I spent last week.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i love it.
    i like to throw it on at work. makes the day go by quicker.

• yo, good lookin!!! Thanks for the feeback and I hope you spread the word.

peace,
    Amir

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    holy shit whattup joe!

i cant wait to hear vol.6. i was in boston last sunday and was hoping someone would have it but no one did. so i'll probably order it online. also for thoes who dont know "on track vol.5" is so good it's scary.

peace,xavier

• http://www.dancefrontdoor.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=55828

Track Listing

1. Official Tracklisting Not Yet Available. -

???

• http://www.dancefrontdoor.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=55828

Track Listing

1. Official Tracklisting Not Yet Available. -

???

thanks for the feedback yall....i honestly forget what all previous volumes sound like, 6 is still in my head.
    these are exhausting...alot of work here. cop this cd !

there are NEVER tracklistings. Francis, i need to send you some treats....i also need ramsey&co 45 as well as f.o.e 45 speak soon.

question for all who care.
    after seeing the clip of muro playing, is it expected that we too are to play sets of originals ?
    not to say it isnt proper, i enjoy those songs but....if i were in the audience i would be bored with that..usually when we play we never really play original sets. for the most part, i play party type shit...funk/soul/disco/modern/ hip hop/forgotten hits etc....i just always wonder if cats who come thru are expecting the og sort of thing.

on that note a set at apt, i ended with commodores high on sunshine...not even thinking about the fact de la used it....until dude came up and was like "yoooooo i never knew de la ".........

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    In the shops (outside the USA) they jack up the price & if you order online you pay crazy shipping prices, any chance we can get this straight from the source ? I got a very fair deal for the Nippon Breaks cd.

• can i ask something?

what is the track at 10:25 on the 2nd cd?
    it??s also the last one for the myspace snippet.

it sounds a lil bit like a crimson and clover cover.

shit is so lovely

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

i don't know why everytime I type Labcabin.com it turns into labcabin.com..wtf!!! Anyway, the cd can be copped turntable lab dot com as well. By the way, Rich King hired me at Fat Beats back 97'...so I know homie real well.
    Amir

www.fatbeats.com, sandboxautomatic.com, Labcabin.com, and undergroundhiphop.com

Amir

Jump Jump has em on order, should be in for Fridays update. www.jumpjump.com

• id love to hear em

congrats

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    killer job on the cd guys. i was shocked when i heard he***n-"part time lady" on cd#2.

theirs that one spanish track towards the end of cd 1 that is pure