Happy Jazz - October 2006 - Now twice a month!

magsonjazzmagsonjazz 134 Posts
edited October 2006 in Announcements
Happy Jazz is back again for October with some important news. From this month, we are now able to bring you 2 shows a month instead of 1 monthly edition! So now we can bring you even more undiscovered gems from across the "jazz" board! Also, a BIG THANKS to Bernd at www.radio42.com who is now airing the Happy Jazz show via his wonderful site. Both Mark and myself thank Bernd for his support and enthusiasm. The show will be going out every 2nd Sunday of the month at 19:00 CET. We are also ON DEMAND via www.radiopellenera.com and ON DEMAND with archives at www.happyjazz.ipodyourmondo.com. A big welcome to all those that have mailed us directly or contacted us via the myspace page too especially if you are a new listener. We hope you continue to download / tune in to our show. We have been SPOILED at the moment with some unbelievable new music. It seems that a certain four letter word is coming back into fashion. JAZZ, played by musicians seems to be popular again and about time too. For example, the Indigo Jam Unit EP from Japan is a quality 6 tracker. With the Ricky Tick and Social Beats labels throwing in some excellent non laptop pro logic beats too, it's been so refreshing to purchase and play these on the show. More Please!!!! The first hour is saturated with vocals from around the world especially from the Caribbean and South America and some great jazz from Japan. Hour 2 includes some obscure Brazilian coupled with some fine new jazz again via Italy, Leeds and Japan....Er....Leeds!! Oh yes, we included an Eddie Roberts Quintet track last month. Soon to be out on the SALVO label, it's one to watch out for courtesy of GIP DAMONE. So stay tuned real music lovers and check the full playlist below. Adrian and Mark Happy Jazz Show Show A (Adrian Leach) Indigo Jam Unit - Teardrop Bobby Shew / Chuck Findley - Direct Connection Stepping Out - Lady Of De-Lite Helen Sachs - You're Everything Shirley Grainger - Giving Up The Man I Love JP Onraedt - Save Me Lee Stone - What Is Life Aubry Mann - I Cant Make It Alone Rythym Ryders - Funky Freezer New Directions - I Can Understand Bobby Smith - A New Day Dawning George Knight - If You Feel Like Geuehi Jean - Gueya Zou Salsa Con Los Satellites - Descarga No.1 Agustin Martinez - Nana Rube Sexteto Caracas - Ahorita No Cachao - Siboney Show B (Mark Taylor) Why Wait - Amalgam Eddie Roberts Quintet - Giorgio's Brother Sunaga' T Experience - Cuba Libre Jimi Tenor - Sunrise Caetano Veloso - Samba Da Cabeca Peter Thomas - African Bossa Jose Lourenco - Dorme Meu Irmao Anilza Leoni & Zauro Marinoso - Enfarte Musical Sabrina Malheiros - Terra De Niaguem Faze Action - Samba Indigo Jam Unit - 7th Feeling Bossa Futura - Sol Y Luna (Perry Hemus Powerbossa Mix) Samuel Johnathan Johnson - My Music The Happy Jazz show now broadcasts from the following sites... www.danceandsoul.com www.mondomm.com (ON DEMAND) www.happyjazz.ipodyourmondo.com (ON DEMAND/ PODCASTS PLUS ARCHIVES). www.radiopellenera.com (Every Wednesday 22:00 - 00:00 CET and ON DEMAND). www.ducktape.ca (RADIO PAGE PLUS ARCHIVES) www.radio.gotsoul.co.uk www.radio42.com (Every 2nd Sunday - 19:00 - 21:00 CET). guest mixes archived at... www.waxingdeep.org www.cosmicsounds-london.com www.danceandsoul.com www.lusciousmagazine.com (soundtrack for online magazine). www.MYSPACE.COM/HAPPYJAZZSHOW For any info, promo material, bookings, etc, please mail at [email]happyjazz@hotmail.co.uk[/email] Our respect and thanks as always go out to... Kaye and Dean - Danceandsoul.com Dino & Sy Warwick - ducktape.ca Fabrizio - radiopellenera.com Donald K - mondomedusah.com & ipodyourmondo.com Andrew - Radio.gotsoul.co.uk Bernd - radio42.com Dan Zacks - waxingdeep.org ___________________ The Happy Jazz radio sounds of Adrian Leach & Mark Taylor - Music to put a smile on your face!