Feeling like a 5 year old kid!

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I walked into a Toy Store yesterday and saw a new Optimus Prime action figure. I instantly had that sensation you get when you're 5 years old and MUST HAVE IT NOW!!! It was the oddest sensation because I haven't felt like that in years. I decided to come home and read my old comic books and listen to the Beastie Boys. Didn't buy the Optimus Prime though. It was $100! Still temped to go back and grab it but my modern day sensibilities tell me to go for the more reasonably priced Mac Dre bobble head.Sorry for the interruption. Go one with your day. ?

Comments

• masterpiece prime is worth every penny. go back and buy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The first season just came out on DVD recently. I got excited, but Ill wait for the other Voltron w/ the cars to come out.

Teen Titans Season 2 just dropped as well.......I will cop that!

• I'm afraid if I do it will spark some toy collecting passion. I don't want to get into that right now. Too many records to buy already.

• The first season just came out on DVD recently. I got excited, but Ill wait for the other Voltron w/ the cars to come out.

OMFG!!!! Gaa! Netflix doesn't have it!

Yeah, what was the sister-show with the cars called again?

I'm afraid if I do it will spark some toy collecting passion. I don't want to get into that right now. Too many records to buy already.

Do it all.....
    Rekkids
    DVD
    VHS
    Action Figures
    Sneakers
    CD

I dont think the alternative Voltron went by a different moniker. Shit was raer!

• So was it just a season within the Voltron series? I only vaguely remember it. I think I had some of the toys.

So was it just a season within the Voltron series? I only vaguely remember it. I think I had some of the toys.

I think it went on for about 3-5 seasons...........if i recall. Any Voltron heads out there?

The dude at the shop said that it doesnt hold up.

• I have an OG extra-large-boxed tape pilot of the Thundercats in the sky... the Silverhawks. That shit is hilarious. This copper dude talks in vocoder'ed blips.

I have an OG extra-large-boxed tape pilot of the Thundercats in the sky... the Silverhawks. That shit is hilarious. This copper dude talks in vocoder'ed blips.

Im pretty much up on my comic/scifi cartoons..........ive never seen this. What years?

• The first season just came out on DVD recently. I got excited, but Ill wait for the other Voltron w/ the cars to come out.

Yeah, what was the sister-show with the cars called again?

You might be thinking of G-force[/b], which I think was around the same time..cant remember if they had cars...but virutally the same build and plot.

Voltron is my shit!! Total Voltron head for life...loved that show, havent seen it in YEEEAAARRS though.

You may remember the obvious and newest rendition of Voltron from the 90's called The Power Rangers

• I'd say '86-88, somewhere right in there. I'd had a handful of the action figures.

On that same topic, do you remember Starcom? I had closed to the complete toy set with that one. Also a few of those guys with hollograms on their chests who turned into animals.

You might be thinking of G-Force, which I think was around the same time..cant remember if they had cars...but virutally the same build.

G-Force......GatchaMan.......Battle of the Planets predates Voltron by a good 15 yrs..maybe more.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    fuck a GI Joe, transformers were my shit when i was a kid. Transformers movie in 2007 has potential to be

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I walked into a Toy Store yesterday and saw a new Optimus Prime action figure. I instantly had that sensation you get when you're 5 years old and MUST HAVE IT NOW!!! It was the oddest sensation because I haven't felt like that in years. I decided to come home and read my old comic books and listen to the Beastie Boys. Didn't buy the Optimus Prime though. It was $100! Still temped to go back and grab it but my modern day sensibilities tell me to go for the more reasonably priced Mac Dre bobble head.

Sorry for the interruption. Go one with your day.

?

i had a similar experience a couple months ago when i was waiting for a ride and wandered into a comic book store. they had a ton of awesome comics, books, and figurines, i was like i want it all, but i ended up buying nothing.

• You might be thinking of G-Force, which I think was around the same time..cant remember if they had cars...but virutally the same build.

G-Force......GatchaMan.......Battle of the Planets predates Voltron by a good 15 yrs..maybe more.

Yes they are all an adaptation of the OG in 72' I have never seen the super old Japanese Original from the early 70's however the ones I rememeber are not that old..here is more:

This According to Wiki:

Battle of the Planets (1978) was the first WESTernized adaptation of the 1972 Japanese animated television series known as Kagaku ninja tai Gatchaman.

In 1986, Gatchaman was re-worked in the US as G-Force: Guardians of Space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Planets

You might be thinking of G-Force, which I think was around the same time..cant remember if they had cars...but virutally the same build.

Yes they are all an adaptation of the OG in 72' I have never seen the super old Japanese Original from the early 70's however the ones I rememeber are not that old..here is more:

This has the original Japanese audio and an updated new American dub. Plus og japanese commercials that were shown during the show to promote the action vehicles. Shit is bananas!!!

fuck a GI Joe, transformers were my shit when i was a kid. Transformers movie in 2007 has potential to be

Gi Joe is that shit. But the OG > 80's action figures. But i did like the new incarnation. I remember going to a toy convention and seeing the dolls a yeas before they dropped. They were giving out the Gijoe Marvel Comic from the display booth. Little did I know the shit would blow the fuck up.

• Yeah, what was the sister-show with the cars called again?

I think it was just another interation of voltron in the us. the toys were by matchbox

I think it was continued or part of a series in japan called "soul of chogokin"

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

check green dudes facial expression in the last frame, priceless.

• check green dudes facial expression in the last frame, priceless.
    haha hes the next round.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Was "Phoenix Force" the same as Battle of the planets/G-Force?

i remember coming home from 4th grade every afternoon back in like 78 and hitting up the (UHF) channel 29 for a double dose: Star Blazers and then Phoenix Force (i think it was called that?)

• Was "Phoenix Force" the same as Battle of the planets/G-Force?

i remember coming home from 4th grade every afternoon back in like 78 and hitting up the (UHF) channel 29 for a double dose: Star Blazers and then Phoenix Force (i think it was called that?)

The Phoenix is the name of the airplane and also the mystical effect that the vehicle took w/ activated by the pilot.