CHAPEL HILL: BASKETBALL BHANGRA CAPITOL OF USA

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
-------------------------LAST NIGHT--------------------------------------------------TONIGHT-------------------------SANGAM SOUTH ASIAN AWARENESS WEEK HIP-HOP/ BHANGRA FORUM Come on over to the hip-hop/Bhangra forum and discuss the mounting influence of Bhangra on hip-hop and vice-a-versa.?? Members of Bhangra Elite and Black Student Movement will be there to spur on the conversation.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? When: Tuesday, April 5th, 2005 @ 7:30 PMWhere: Hamilton 100For More Information:?? Email Shaival Patel or Deepak Gupta

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Between some poster calling Roy Williams "annoying" and C*selm*d calling him a "bitch," UNC is definitely getting no love on the Strut these days. UNC takes the championship and it's like a morgue in here, meanwhile the entire state of Illinois gets an appreciation thread and they fucking lost! Damn, I don't even like sports and I'm giving May, McCants & Co. some dap. What gives yall. Stacks? DigDug? Bueller..?

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    -------------------------
    LAST NIGHT

Man, I know those little turds from Chapel Hell were gettin' down on Franklin Street last night. I hope no one set himself on fire.

Man, I know those little turds from Chapel Hell were gettin' down on Franklin Street last night.

The overhead shot of Franklin looked like the escape scene from 2004's DAWN OF THE DEAD. It was human swarm that I'm glad I was nowhere near.

I hope no one set himself on fire.

The first Franklin St. footage we saw was a bonfire with college guys taking turns jumping over it. Wifey and I were expecting to see our first live human torch at any minute.

I hope no one set himself on fire.

The first Franklin St. footage we saw was a bonfire with college guys taking turns jumping over it. Wifey and I were expecting to see our first live human torch at any minute.

We used to have bonfires (with permits, of course) when I was in college...One year for the Carolina game they decided to have an ill-advised bubble machine instead, and the main quad became a huge mud wrestling pit. As the evening progressed, people ended up setting fire to stuff anyway, including the couch in my dorm (Women's Studies).

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Between some poster calling Roy Williams "annoying" and C*selm*d calling him a "bitch," UNC is definitely getting no love on the Strut these days. UNC takes the championship and it's like a morgue in here, meanwhile the entire state of Illinois gets an appreciation thread and they fucking lost! Damn, I don't even like sports and I'm giving May, McCants & Co. some dap. What gives yall. Stacks? DigDug? Bueller..?

sean may owns all yall.

james augustine has chimp lips.

go heels.

sean may owns all yall

Dude scored more points in the paint BY HIMSELF than the entire Illinois team combined. Sure it's cos Illi is nice with the 3-pointers, but damn.

james augustine has chimp lips.

What was it?

9 minutes played
    0 points scored

FOULED OUT

Hilarious.

• Now I was going for Illinois, but I was almost going to stroll into a Chicago bar sporting my Michael Jordan U.N.C. jersey and pick a fight. But I'd definitely lose that battle, so I stayed at home .

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    LAST NIGHT

Man, I know those little turds from Chapel Hell were gettin' down on Franklin Street last night. I hope no one set himself on fire.

Pardon me for being tardy to the party here, but does this mean you're a Dookie, Coselmed?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

I don't follow sports at all but very rarely will enjoy a game with friends... however everyone I heard talking about the tournament in the past couple weeks was just hating on UNC bigtime... Raleigh folls were rooting for whoever was playing against them out of sheer spite

Possible evidence of the Raleigh-CH beef?

Oh and the burning of dorm couches/benches/etc is a long-standing tradition out there... I thought they were trying to outlaw it this year though?

Raleigh folls were rooting for whoever was playing against them out of sheer spite

Possible evidence of the Raleigh-CH beef?

"Possible"? Um....

DIGDUG, HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED HERE?

[diversity workshop]That said, I went to NCSU and my wife went to UNC. Us getting married was our little effort to build bridges of love over the rivers of hate in our part of the world.[/diversity workshop]

Pardon me for being tardy to the party here, but does this mean you're a Dookie, Coselmed?

Class of 2000, baby! I've been getting all of this correspondence about my five-year reunion: "Dear Alumni of African Descent..."

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    ***pseudo-hijack***

Marco, I just realized that your avatar is Mr. Ductronc, yet in context looks uncanilly like Peter Sellers from The Party. The Bhangra is playing tricks with me.

carry on

• Marco,

According to the ancient and universally respected laws of
    game, sportsmanship, trade, one-upmanship, the deal, and Manship,
    we, the Losers Of Illinois are prepared to send our offerings
    to you, today, the very day after our chastening.

This morning, at the sign of the first rays of sun, Z-illa,
    D-Castle and myself collectively spent $23 and baked you
    a 5-pound meatloaf, which was promptly vacuum sealed and
    Fed-Exed to Chapell Hell.

I hope you like menthol flavor.

Sincerely,

Terry Cling-Free

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Class of 2000, baby! I've been getting all of this correspondence about my five-year reunion: "Dear Alumni of African Descent..."

Yikes! Well, you're good people, so I forgive you.

I keed, I keed. Being a UCONN fan first (man, 1999 was so sweet) and a UNC fan second, I pretty much have to be anti-Duke. I don't make the rules, I just go with 'em. (By the way, UNC-Greensboro class of 1998 over here. Blazingly mediocre athletics like WHAT?!?!?!?)

5-pound meatloaf, which was promptly vacuum sealed and

"I AIN'T TALKING ABOUT BIRDY NUM NUM, MANG."

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    5-pound meatloaf, which was promptly vacuum sealed and

"I AIN'T TALKING ABOUT BIRDY NUM NUM, MANG."

Aspic dude, aspic.

• "I AIN'T TALKING ABOUT BIRDY NUM NUM, MANG."

---------

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I think Coselmed knows my situation. I was born and bread a Duke fan: Coach K and Amaker camps every summer, Grandma worked there for 30+ years, season tickets, we got presents from Santa and the "Blue Devil" every Christmas.....

I got pics of me as a kid rocking the "Go to Hell Carolina" hat, so a fan of UNC I was not. Of course, I ended up going to Chapel Hill for grad school. After giving them + $30K, I now support'em and even cheer for them when they're not playing Duke. Now this still presents a problem around different family members and alum, but I'm comfortable with it. I DO NOT GO TO DUKE vs. UNC GAMES IN THE DEAN DOME THOUGH!

Congrats Heels from a Duke fan.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    i'm glad unc won. i think may is the best post player i've seen in college in a long time.

i also thought illinois was a tad bit overated. they had like 50+ ranked schedule strength if i remember correctly.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Well, enjoy it while you can, UNC fans, because it seems your team is going to lose a LOT of players next season. This was an upperclassmen-heavy team, and if ever there was a year for UNC to do it this was it. Next year might be, how you say, a rebuilding year? Especially if May and Marvin Williams jump to The Association.

i'm glad unc won. i think may is the best post player i've seen in college in a long time.

i also thought illinois was a tad bit overated. they had like 50+ ranked schedule strength if i remember correctly.

my dad tried to tell me the Big 10 was a tougher conference than the ACC lastnight.

***pseudo-hijack***

Marco, I just realized that your avatar is Mr. Ductronc, yet in context looks uncanilly like Peter Sellers from The Party. The Bhangra is playing tricks with me.

carry on

I got this problem where I start thinking people look like their avatars.

in my mind catchdubs is a pr who chills in the tub all day. alieniverson used to play for the pirates in the 70's.

• parenparen 537 Posts

my dad tried to tell me the Big 10 was a tougher conference than the ACC lastnight.

your pops is wise. NC won because of a massive dude from Bloomington, IN. The ACC has recruiting on lock.

• my dad tried to tell me the Big 10 was a tougher conference than the ACC lastnight.

your pops is wise. NC won because of a massive dude from Bloomington, IN. The ACC has recruiting on lock.

For me..ACC IS college basketball..its just natural to pull for ACC teams. Congrats UNC. Being that Clemson and USC sucks..I have to pull for UNC..although I cant fuck with Duke.

Too bad they didnt show anymore shots of Jordan besides the one of him walking in there..or did they and I missed it?

• That game was fixed.

• please

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I didnt see the Villanova game but I heard about it... its like sports are not worth watching anymore as they sometimes appear to be fixed.