On the Corner Records - San Jose - Oct 3rd

OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
edited September 2006 in Announcements
Some of you Bay Area folks may know and some of you may not, so here goes... Our friend Jeff Evans aka: DJ Jeff Jagged ('Downtown72'[/b] for the strut massive) is setting off on a little venture called On the Corner Records. He's been talking about it for a while and after several attempts by myself to talk him out of it, I gave up and am now wishing him nothing but the best. To help him get things started as well as bring awareness to this new business in our area we're having a little fundraiser at the Blank Club on Tuesday October 3rd[/b]. For a minimal donation there will be FREE beer & wine as well as some appetizers from Good Karma Cafe (which btw is another new local business to support) Nate LeBlanc from DigDug & Myself will be providing the tunes. hope to see you there,-B- ===== from Jeff: ===========================Hey everyone! Some of you I haven???t talked to lately, but to condense the last year or so, I have been in the process of opening a record/bookstore in downtown Cambell (San Jose for you SF folks). We???ll be having a little fundraiser and get-together in a couple weeks - the details:Tuesday October 3rd7-9pm @ The Blank Club44 S. Almaden Ave. Downtown San Jose[/b]$3 entry with FREE beer, wine, and delicious vegan appetizers courtesy of Good Karma restaurant (so arrive early!) Sweet soul, latin, afrofunk, and more provided by DJ Strictly 7 and Nate "Ennui" LeBlanc.Many of you on this email have heard me discuss opening a business, and just to get everyone up to date, my goal, along with partner Lori Braithwaite (DJ Fuchsia), is to open what could only be described as the absolute IDEAL music store: New and used vinyl, CDs, music/art related books and magazines, as well as audio and DJ accessories (needles, cleaners, headphones, etc). Think of the multi-genere variety of Amoeba or Streetlight Records about a TENTH the size, with a streamlined selection ala SF???s world-famous Groove Merchant - all quality, no filler. Our opening date goal is November 1st.The location will be one block from downtown Campbell and we hope to see it grow into not only a neighborhood spot where you can talk to the staff and find something old or new, but also as a destination for record collectors, DJs, and anyone passionate about music. In addition to the Campbell storefront, an online presence will only broaden the scope of people who visit.Sound good?As you can imagine, the initial costs of opening a small business, not to mention having enough cash to make it through the first year of operation, are the biggest financial hurdles while the business is trying to grow. We are looking for donations and/or investors to help us with any amount:- $10 - $20 for a can of paint- $50 - $75 to purchase records & CDs- $100 and up towards construction costs- etcEvery dollar will help this project - a long needed business in San Jose that supports art, music, and through store sponsorship of like-minded events, the community. As independent businesses are quickly becoming a rarity in this city, we???ll need all the support we can get - even if it???s just a promise to put the word out and some friendly business advice. At the very least, we???d love for you to come on by, have a drink, and wish us well.Jeff

Comments

• No way... that's awesome. Right in my neck of the woods too.

I'll try and make the fundraiser, but at the least I'll give a solid donation. Good luck Jeff!

• dude, i seriously wish you well and will be out on the 3rd to support.

where exactly in campbell? should be a cool spot, folks who frequent streetlight & rasputins can easily drive down a bit more and drop by your shop.

-rich

• B, F, RKW - thanks!

Just wanted to bump the thread as our little get-together is tomorrow night

The spot will be at the corner of the old PDG auto-center on Campbell Ave, across from Bradley Video

any support, be it cash, records (wha???), advice, etc... we'll take it all

see everyone tomorrow

- Jeff

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Hey Jeff and Brian!

Had fun last night homie!(Nice set Brian!)
    I wish you nothing but the best of luck and if you need any help with anything, please let me know!

Best of luck and hope all is going well with you and the shop's progress!

Much peace and respect:
    Adrian

(Also, Thanks to Ryan @ Good Karma..I can't get enough of those Tofu Drumsticks!)