The Office Season 3 (OFFICIAL CHATTER)

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
Whats up my Dunder-Miflinites. Season 3 Episode 1 is going down tonight, and is titled "Gay Witch Hunt." Looking forward to see how Michael is going to offend the gay community in this one.Any people have thoughts on the Pam/Jim relationship? How about the Dwight/Angela secret affair? Either way im dorkishly pumped for tonight, 8:30PM.

Comments

• i am so excited about this coming back on... i didn't realize it was starting tonight until i looked at my scheduled recordings on my dvr looking for something else last night... me and my wife were like "YES!" at the same time... i can't wait to see how they handle the pam and jim thing, i hope it doesn't start to suck now... that tension was a big part of the show

• I'm psyched. Dwight Schrute is my current favorite TV character. I hope they don't lean to heavily on the Jim/Pam romance. It adds a nice flavor to the show, but they need to maintain it at a certain level or it'll throw the whole feel of the show out of wack.

• personally i think jim will expect pam to break up with her fiance, pam will tell jim it was just a mistake, jim will quit to take that other job, they may wind up together, i dunno. but no matter what it seems like this will have to be the last season of this show.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the cold open was

• I hope they don't lean to heavily on the Jim/Pam romance. It adds a nice flavor to the show, but they need to maintain it at a certain level or it'll throw the whole feel of the show out of wack.

and Jim is at the other branch now and Pam and Roy are now split up...for now
    We'll see what happens. Good season opener, not the best, not the worst

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Extras volume 2 isn't bad either

• Best moments, when the drunk lady (I forget her name) sneaks a taste of the hand sanitizer, Swight following Michael's lead and kissing Oscar,and the mug shot of Pam's ex-fiancee...

• i laughed my ass off, but this episode was a little too far over the top and unbelievable. the memorable parts:

- Jim telling Michael and Dwight that "gaydar" was sold out on sharper image's website

- Michael telling Phillis that he doesnt discriminate against gay or overweight people. then saying it was "unbelievable" that she was getting married and that it was "proof that there is truly someone out there for everyone".

- Every scene with the fat, balding guy. Specifically, when he couldnt stop laughing at the fact that dude was gay, and then later when Michael says that it would be great if, like gay people, marriage was illegal for everyone. The camera pans to him and he says "that would be awesome." i dont know. doesn't sound too funny now, but he always has me dying.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the very end was hiliarious, when Jim sends Dwight a fake "gay-dar" which is actually just a metal detector. he uses it on Oscar and it goes off on his belt buckle (near his package), so Dwight knows Oscar is gay. Dwight then uses it on himself and it again goes off on his belt buckle, and just gives the emptiest look into the camera.

the "looks" really make this show.

overall solid episode; could have been better, could have been worse.

• Extras volume 2 isn't bad either

when does this come out?

• my favorites were the entire conference room scene, i love it when sitcoms can take situations past the typical shallow sitcom view of things. that was truely uncomfortable and not at all funny in parts, i thought it was great.

also the end with michael saying "that's what she said...or he said" and the "i wonder if he knows" line about the "roommate"...so good.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Extras volume 2 isn't bad either

when does this come out?

It's just airing in the UK now.

We've never had a S3 of the office though!?! Is it still writen by Gervais and Merchant, or have the team behind 'Americanising' it, taken over the writing?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    tonights episode was hands down one of the best ever

darryl was killin' it

• tonights episode was hands down one of the best ever

darryl was killin' it

Indeed. The Toby/Ryan/Kelly shit was hilarious. The Office makes me happy.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

darryl was killin' it

between that wikpedia plug (anyone can write anything = must be the best info)
    &
    darryll text messaging & photoing the girlie suit & pay stub

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

darryl was killin' it

this love triangle is going to explode.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

Prison Mike, how was the food in prison?

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    I love this show...dwight kills it....I was watching entourage last night...and he was on it...fucking great cameo...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Prison Mike, how was the food in prison?

Gruel. Day and night, nothing but gruel.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    I love this show...dwight kills it....I was watching entourage last night...and he was on it...fucking great cameo...

i sometimes think dwight takes a little over the top, but i think one of his shining moments throughout this entire series was his interview last night after he pepper sprayed roy... the tearing, uncontrollably blinking hero

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    last night's episode was great. i don't check it weekly, but glad i did last night.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    it was amazing. ill say this as a rule of thumb: when pam's bumming, the whole world is bumming. (except dwight and angela, haha)

to answer the UK 'how 3rd season?' question, they figured out how to extend the show by having some corporate shake-ups and a merger to preserve the life of the Scranton location. of course the poorly performing scranton location was originally the first on the list to get axed, but due to dumb luck and some hilarious suprises, somehow Scranton was the office left standing. this also introduced some fresh characters via people from the other location coming in. most have left since then under absurd circumstances, but the Jim/Pam thing got shook up by the new girl that jim is casually seeing now. (i forget her name - karen??)

the previous episode, where Roy went bezerk at the end was a 5 star classic, up with the one from season 2 where michael stepped on the george foreman grill and dwight got the concussion and nobody could tell till they realized he was acting nice.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    kinda bummed i got into this show so late, but at least its still on...

fucking incredibly good show. i hope last nights episode gets uploaded somewhere soon, i only caught the last half...

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Has anybody been DVR'ing these or anything? My lady and i flew through the first two seasons on Netflix and now we're stuck in this weird spot where we've only seen 4 or 5 episodes from the third season and we really want to start in and catch up.

I can hook someone up with blanks and some extra goodies, get at a guy on thee PMs.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    kinda bummed i got into this show so late, but at least its still on...

fucking incredibly good show. i hope last nights episode gets uploaded somewhere soon, i only caught the last half...

http://www.tv-links.co.uk/link.do/1/103/263/15597/25723