Wrong eBay Messages

RafaelRafael 120 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Have you ever gotten ebay messages that were not yours... I got some message about mercedes carpets... is this some type of phish scam to get you to reply or a glitch in ebay software? I got several about some basketball card that was ripped up.

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Got the Mercedes carpet one 2 days ago. Gotta be some kinda scam.

• RafaelRafael 120 Posts
    Got the Mercedes carpet one 2 days ago. Gotta be some kinda scam.

Thanks Quo...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

is this the same as the "watched ebay item relisted" message for items that you were never watching? what's the deal with those? they look completely legit, and get through the spam filters so far.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I always get these "I just sent payment for this item, looking forward to it" messages. Always about some notebook.
    Weird.

• I get one of these every few days.

Hello,
    I recently placed a bid on item#5669378843 being a wheelchair for me that i really need do to my age(87 years old) and it seems that i can not find the auction anymore...May i please know if you are the seller of the item above?
    Regards,
    Greta

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    jesus christ DOR, that picture scared the shit out of me

• is this the same as the "watched ebay item relisted" message for items that you were never watching? what's the deal with those? they look completely legit, and get through the spam filters so far.

If you click a login button in the email, it takes you to a eBay lookalike spoof site. You can see this if you convert to the email out of HTML and reveal the actual site link.

Basically if the main address it takes you doesn't have "ebay.com" in the first part, you need to avoid.