United 8...

DRUMATICDRUMATIC 18 Posts
edited August 2006 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Been a while:Looking for United 8: Getting Uptown - appeared on a Pulp Fusion Evolution comp. Is this from a full length LP or 45? This band is insanely good and needs deserves to be sampled by me!!!Thanks for any direction-

Comments

• 45 on Atlantic I believe, also a slightly different version appeared on the Le Coupe label out the UK in the mid to late 70s. There's also an Atlantic label comp that houses the cut as well, I believe.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    There's also an Atlantic label comp that houses the cut as well, I believe.

this is a dope comp and is waaay easier to find than the 45.. it's called "disco-trek"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    45 on Atlantic I believe, also a slightly different version appeared on the Le Coupe label out the UK in the mid to late 70s.

I've got the La Coupe and assumed it was a straight reish/boot... how is it different?

• Pretty sure that the Le Coupe has that spoken stuff at the beginning that perhaps is not on the Atlantic version? Not positive tho...

• Le Coupe is definitely a boot, was once a topic in the Big Daddy Mag,
    but not sure which version it has on it! i love 45s but me,
    personally i prefer the Disco-Trek (Atlantic) compilation...
    it's way cheaper, it doesn't have the vocals on it and the tune is longer
    than on the Atlantic 45! but like always when it comes to the comparison of 45/LP
    versions, it could be that the OG 45 has a bit a tougher/rawer/louder (better?)
    club-sound as the comp but for me it sounds tight & alright, people enjoy it!
    hope it helped a bit...

• i was told by a good source that an unreleased lp exists...too bad.

• i was told by a good source that an unreleased lp exists...too bad.

sounds like it needs some daylight shed upon it?

atlantic 45-2896

aint it good A-24793

getting uptown(to get down)A-24795 PLUG SIDE

THe effects on uptown are dope, are these the same guys that did street of tears? (atlantic promo)

• there is a dope comp and is waaay easier to find than the 45.. it's called "disco-trek"

the best mix is on the "disco-trek" comp. it is way more bangin' than the rare atlantic 45.

• there is a dope comp and is waaay easier to find than the 45.. it's called "disco-trek"

the best mix is on the "disco-trek" comp. it is way more bangin' than the rare atlantic 45.

with regard to my above statement, i'd like to add: IMHO. don't want anybody's knickers to get in a twist.

• the comp says it was "A Tom Moulton Mix", so maybe that has something to do with it (the mix) being so good. I'm so glad ya'll brought this record up, I have to go find my copy. My records are a mess right now, nothing's in order.