Recent record karma

DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone familiar with an ebay seller by the name of Spindlemusic? i recently won an auction that i was taking a big chance on and this dude came through. He has a ton of AFRTS records from the 70s. i won one record picked out of his cache at random for 20 bucks after shipping. This was basically a jackson invested in curiosity. Well i get the box and know thought he went overboard on packing carefully. Turns out he decided to just give me 10 instead of one. They seem to be 3-5 cuts from whatever record they wanted to broadcast for the soldiers. Each side of each record is a different artist / album. Off the top of my head i remember:Charles EarlandWes MontgomereyJimmy Smith (from Living It Up, they included "Burning Spear" )Bobby Blue Bland Artie ShawCharlie Parkeri only listened to a couple cuts, loving the BBB.Anyhow, that's my story in case the world blows up.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i was very happy with the records i got in trades last week. the records i got are dope and the ones i sent were dispensable for my collection. i was able to cross off three of my top ten wants!

but i'm still not lucky at finding stuff myself. i have to go to other towns soon. i'm pretty sure that i won't be more lucky at others places, but it would be more fun...

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i have to go to other towns soon. i'm pretty sure that i won't be more lucky at others places, but it would be more fun...

Agreed. My local spots just flat out suck.