Mike 2600 upcoming partiesss

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited August 2006 in Announcements
Saturday August 19[/b]LITTERTHUGZ DO CHICAGOTrevia (1575 N. Milwaukee, Wicker Park, Chicago, IL)+ It's my very good friend Erika's 30th birthday and we're assembling in Chicago and celebrating properly.Doug Surreal doing a dubbed out 808-drenched live PA performanceMike the 2600 King and Kenny Kingston rockin' ghetto house, funk, and big bass music on 4 turntablesRyan B bringin those gutter beatsDJ Pickel and his Analog Addicts doin' it to it.Friday August 25[/b]THE RETURN OF THE IMPRESSIVE FOURCETriple Rock Social Club (629 Cedar Ave, Minneapolis, MN), 9PM - 2AM+ We're back blatches. Cool disco emcees Espada Rock, Mictlanny Lan, and Big Bank Snakebird on the mics with Grandmixer Mike the 2600 King on the wheels. A larger than life back-to-school jam with rappin', dancin', handclappin', and plenty of crowd interaction. Our friends Koalas, DJ King Otto, and J. Love the Soundsmith join in on the fun.21+ / $7Saturday August 26[/b]OVERSTIMULATIONKitty Cat Klub (314 14th Ave, Dinkytown USA), 9PM - 2AM+ NYC's Honorable DJ Caps will be up in this piece doing his mix-and-mash party rockin' thang. Hot to def. I'll also be there slangin' straight bangers alongside Joe Cruse, his brother Dan Cruse, as well as Dan Jordon from Beat 96. Come holler at the photo booth, dance your ass off, and wish Joe a happy birthday.21+ / $?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Hah, that's good.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    It pains me that I will be unable to make this particular function (moving's got my leisure time and discretionary funds awwwll fucked up), but Chicago, I cannot stress this enough:

Do what you must to go see these dudes.

I cannot speak to the merits of the other dudes on the bill, but I give you my word as a gentleman that Mike and Doug in the same place is gonna be bad meets evil. I saw them a few years ago and it was like Godzilla beating King Tubby to death with Iron Man. I give it my highest recommendation and I fucking hate everything. And please miss me with that "But James, I've got something better to do" rat-shit, because unless you're gonna be in my living room helping me box up all these wack fucking records, there is absolutely nothing better that you could possibly do with yourself than to go see this show. In the event that you find yourself not by yourself (hey, it could happen), take your girl/boyfriend--the raw power of it all might get you some monster-movie type cuddles or something. Shit, I don't know--call your cronies, get your ponies, and just fucking go all right? If you don't, I'm gonna find out what you did instead and clown you for it, whatever dumb shit it was.

As I mentioned, I will not be there personally, but my man "Skunk" Baxter is gonna be bootlegging the whole shit for me, so fix your face, get it together, and see what's happening.

• this whole thread is on some shit.

• JAMES FOR FUNKY PRESIDENT.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts

HUGGIN' THE BLOCK, JUST ME AND MY MINI-ME

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    hey nobody said what time it starts!!!!!

• hey nobody said what time it starts!!!!!

November '04.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Can't believe I missed this, but there's no way in hell I'm missing Dre Day. And that's WORD.

• yeah damn dude - i kept waiting for your mug to show up at the door!

this was fun and i hope to come back and spin again soon. big ups to zilla, meaty, and robust for comin' through! some photos coming soon.

M

• Impressive Fource! Tonight!

• i have been recieving cell phone photos from caps and his lady friend throughout the day.

"dude for some reason minnesota state fair is making me an fina think of you a lot. we are taking mad pictures. and listening to techno remixes of 'promiscuous girl.'"

• MN state fair is the SHIT. can't wait to go check it out and holler at some weird foods on sticks.

also really lookin forward to kickin it with your homies on saturday night! expect tonnnns of pics, perhaps even some phone-based up-to-the-minute updates as we rock that party.

• so posting from behind the turntables on stage right now. me and caps gonna finna start playing rackords in like half an hour.

JEAH.

• FOUR TURNTABLEZ

• S U C C E S S ! ! !

Impressive Fource

Joe Cruse, TheeeCasualMike, Caps, Dan Cruse.