DJ's B.Cause Max Kane - NOTR CD release/mp3 DL

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited August 2006 in Announcements
Max Kane & I are proud to bring you our latest cd joint, "Night Of The The Remix Vol.1". Inspired initially by a live 4 turn set we did last fall at the homie Satva's monthly at Milk Bar in SF, this is another adventure into harmonious blends, edits and subtle funky cuts akin to my unreleased multitrack endeavor, "Play Crater" (rouch mix ). Unfortunately this project has taken several extra months to complete due to complete lack of funds and other technical stuff, most of the material here was cut in February/March. We thank everyone who has helped us finally get this cantankerous ox up and running! Big PROPS to Asprin for again so deftly bouncing my vague ideas back as graphically polished gems . Get at him for graphics @www.tsegadinka.comwww.vanguardsquad.comThe order for the CD's was put in Friday and the cover prints are done, so I'm happy to say I'm taking pre-orders now. First ten get a a cda quality copy of my dorky international rock mix that's on the SS front page. (anyone notice the dope new Acey song sampling a track from that? highlights, highlights.... )please p-ypal @[email]djbcause@sbcglobal.net[/email]or get at the PM and we'll work something else out.Many thanks in advance. $10 including shipping in US, $11 Canada, $14 overseas.Here's a lo-res (96k) version for a limited time to cop a feel....http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AE14B4BD32390E4Fcheers!www.4onefunk.comwww.milksf.comto check the latest blends and stuff peep the dread m-space treacherywww.myspace.com/djbcause

Comments

• Congratulations to 50% of 4OneFunk! Can't wait to get my copy.

And ASPRIN[/b]: Holy schitt...that cover is so unbelievably dope. I want a T-shirt with that skull and chain on it (but can you th'ow a HOGG pendant on there?).

• I genuinely mean it when I say this is probally one of the best "party type" mix-cd's I've heard all year (trust me I've been given a lot from dudes all around the U.S. and the world) and this gets non-stop play. You know something is real good when you show it to your folks on some "YO! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS!!!?!?!" and that's exactly what I did.

My personal fav's are the Keyshia Cole jawn over "I need a freak" and that Mary J song over "Come on ride the train". Dudes got like Keak sneak over like disco funk breaks and shit actually works (lobster/furley dance for days)

[since bccause is so damn humble i'll say it for him] a lot of dj dudes with their little cd's of blends and mash-up need to go back to the drawing board and just stop [/since bcause is so damn humble i'll say it for him]

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    What's that DJ Quik beat on track 10? Shit is serious, I remember hearing it before but I'm not very up on my Quik. This disc is dumb hot btw.

• The beat is from 'let's get down' by Toni Tony Tone...love that one. Thanks for listening, for reals.

• Congratulations to 50% of 4OneFunk! Can't wait to get my copy.

Josh, congratulations! It's a really sick mix.

And ASPRIN[/b]: Holy schitt...that cover is so unbelievably dope. I want a T-shirt with that skull and chain on it (but can you th'ow an AFRICA pendant on there?).

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Very happy this project did no end up shelved indefinitely. Sounding great as usual Josh.

Ross & Matthew, I'll be in touch.

• This disc is dumb hot

This disc is dumb hot

This disc is dumb hot

This disc is dumb hot

• Many thanks rellies!

So I'm through with this yousendit doo doo...

here's a better link (sendspace)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t13132

• me & ms. jeigh were dancing around the apartment like idiots today to this...whoa

oh and....
    ASPRIN[/b]: Holy schitt...that cover is so unbelievably dope. I want a T-shirt with that skull and chain on it (but can you th'ow a HOGG pendant on there?).

DITTO!!! except I want mine to say JEIGH of course

• On the under...there will be some t-shirts at the release party, i will do my best to procure a few for y'all.

• finally!

Plaese to cop?

Dang T, these look soo nice. Much love.

[email]djbcause@sbcglobal.net[/email]

• I think I'm gonna give some away too.

start with this, first to name this cat..

I will send ya one

Ain't that Mots from that one thing... :P

Question Josh, did the oh so subtle pattern in the background turn out or was it lost in the shuffle? Can't wait to see the finished product. Hollur back via email with the go-head on the things we discussed earlier...I await the green light.

• Yeah, the subtle design is there, easier to see when you take it out of the jewel...very nice touch.

As for the other stuff, sounds great. In the words of D.E., "do nothing 'till you hear from me"

REMIX --- Huuuuuh huuu hu hu ---- REMIX --- Huuuuuh Huuu hu hu

I hear you loud and clear.

• UnDos3UnDos3 81 Posts
    shit is pounding like gorillaz in the trunk!!! when does this hit Amoeba?

• Thanks cuzzo!

These are in Amoeba SF and Groove Merchant as we type.

cheers!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Yow!!! this is the most scorching mix i've heard in a long time.

Face moments galore!!!

• Muito obrigado!

So nobody claimed the free joint for naming Mal Sharpe aka "The Man On The Sreet"...

nice effort by Asprin, so he gets 3 copies

how about:

what is this instrument?

1st answer gets cd sent at no cost.

• ryanryan 334 Posts
    glass armonica invented by ben franklin?

• yeppers

pm me with your addy, thanks!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Listening to this right now and this is that schitt that will give me enough motivation to leave the house.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Oops, I missed it, can I ???

• Hey Bapt, here's that link again

• Ok. Another giveaway/sendaway.

Guess which record Tsega flipped for the cover and get a freebie at your doorstep...it's that easy! 1st correct answer wins.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I'll take a t-shirt off your hands when ya got em to sell. Great art.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Is it John Cameron(performed by Frog) - "Psychomania"?

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Hey Bapt, here's that link again

Thank you , I'm downloading it now.

• *hint*

think: "fall deceased"

and

"a jog within terror"