Fuck Craig's List-Soulstrut NYC Apt. Listings help

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I'm moving back to Brooklyn. Gotta find a place in one week flat- will be in town from Aug. 1 - 8th. Why must one rely on an ratty internet bulletin board as the primary source for apt. seeking in the largest city in the country?So here's the call:anyone know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone etc. friends vacating rent-controlled apt'slandlords who are not slumlords with open properties.hahahaha.I need a 1BR for just me. I want to live in Brooklyn, not too far out as i'll be commuting daily to NYU.No to Williamsburg/Greenpoint/Bushwick.Yes to Prospect Heights/Clinton Hill/Crown Heights/Fort Greene/Carroll Gardens/or anywhere else on the 2/3, A/C, or F. Not too picky.In any case, let's see what soulstrut can provide.THank YOU!

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Why must one rely on an ratty internet bulletin board as the primary source for apt. seeking in the largest city in the country?

NYers like doing one-stop shopping. A new roomate, ball gagged midget, and lightly used cuisenart all in the same go. If you're lucky, the same listing even!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    one of these nyc record freaks on this board has gotta help me.
    i'm losing my mind surfing these apt. shark broker listings.
    someome please- aschrock is the only one who respons and he's all the way in orlando.

cuisenarts and midgets do not sound bad together.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    whats wrong with Bushwick?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

It's a "high caliber" neighborhood!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

generally, too far out.
    saw my first dead body there driving through late one night, the dogs alerted me to it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

generally, too far out.
    saw my first dead body there driving through late one night, the dogs alerted me to it.

damn, thats hectic.
    my building, which consists of 6 apts., has been robbed 4 times in 3 months. luckily, i have been spared.

I used to live in Carroll Gardens, and it is a prettier neighborhood. but filled with yuppies and no sense of neighborhood. and plus now in Bushwick i have a room just for my records.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    friends vacating rent-controlled apt's

LOL! HAAAAAAAA!!!! Are you a comedian? That is a good one mayne. Someone who does not even know you is gonna give you a rent controlled apt? I think you drank too much tussin'.
    You need to bite the bullet and get a real estate agent/broker and have them help you. That is the only way you are going to find a decent apartment. Do you really think posting on soulstrut is gonna get you a nice apartment in Brooklyn? I wish it was that easy. Good luck on your search, but you know how hard it is to find a good apartment in New York.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    friends vacating rent-controlled apt's

LOL! HAAAAAAAA!!!! Are you a comedian? That is a good one mayne. Someone who does not even know you is gonna give you a rent controlled apt? I think you drank too much tussin'.
    You need to bite the bullet and get a real estate agent/broker and have them help you. That is the only way you are going to find a decent apartment. Do you really think posting on soulstrut is gonna get you a nice apartment in Brooklyn? I wish it was that easy. Good luck on your search, but you know how hard it is to find a good apartment in New York.

it was a joke- the rent controlled part.
    i've lived in ny before. i definitely know how hard.
    i don't think a post on soulstrut will guarantee a fine apt.
    but there are a billion people on here who live in ny.
    all it takes is one person who has a friend who is leaving their.....
    or who has a landlord who...
    or otherwise.

you'd be surprised how things work sometimes.
    always explore possibilities from all angles.

unfortunately, paying $1500+ to a broker on top of exorbitant rent isn't that much of option. but you're right, i might have to do it.