A Female RB Producer... that uses breaks!?

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Myspace heads and anyone else...Check out my man DJ House Shoes' (Detroit living legend) myspace page. He's got track from a R&B artist named Georgia that does her own production and she flips drum breaks, instead of normal drum machine weakness used on R&B cuts.She's nice on the MPC... Oh, she's also on the new Platinum Pied Pipers album. Check that out too... one of the best albums this year - Triple P.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that shit is terrible

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    that shit is terrible
    What shit is this?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    the music on that myspace page

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    the music on that myspace page
    Okay, just clarifying...
    I find it refreshing myself. I wouldn't bump it much, but I respect it more than I would most stuff in this singer's genre.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    ehh....

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    That track sounds fresh to me!

House Shoes is the dude though. I always remember him being up in Record Time and St. Andrews. Contemporary Detroit Legend, fa sho.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Are there other female producers you know that flip drumbreaks, outside of junglist-types?
    I showcase this person's work for the novelty. I'm not saying it's the hottest shit out. I'm intrigued, especially since this woman is only 21.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Detroit music peoples will always and forever be one step ahead of the game! Believe that!!

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    "Lo Mein" is half way fresh and "Demise" isn't too bad, but the other two tracks are some dissonant shit.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    That track sounds fresh to me!

House Shoes is the dude though. I always remember him being up in Record Time and St. Andrews. Contemporary Detroit Legend, fa sho.

Ay Drewn, Shoes plays at The Buddha Lounge now on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I think he still plays at St. Andy's but on the top floor for like b-boys and stuff. But you should check him out sometime... especially Saturdays early when he plays that jazzy and funky stuff.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    some dissonant shit.

woah the first one sounds like 4 or five random records just running underneath a completely seperate track???

i think the word is inept.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Are there other female producers you know that flip drumbreaks, outside of junglist-types?

Missy Elliot

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    [hattin] some pretty horrible chopping going on in those tracks. if i was a female i'd be ashamed! listen to bad music just cus a female did it? no thanks! [/hattin]

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I thought they were ok. Not bad. There was something about the drums on cool world and larva... especially larva... that annoyed the shit out of me. Like they were off or something. I wouldn't say the drums were special or anything though, other than being break samples. cool world is just a little piece looped over and over.

C+

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I showcase this person's work for the novelty. I'm not saying it's the hottest shit out. I'm intrigued, especially since this woman is only 21.

The Angel is all about doing that in a dub sense, and the tracks she's done with Tre Hardson were very good. Or hunt down the tracks she's done with Monday Michiru over the years.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Detroit WHAT!
    What ever happened to Davina? She put out a pretty dope LP on Loud records in 1998. Homegirl was arranging, writing, singing, producing and was an engineer as well. She produced this whole LP and then I never heard anything else from her. What's the deal?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Detroit WHAT!
    What ever happened to Davina? She put out a pretty dope LP on Loud records in 1998. Homegirl was arranging, writing, singing, producing and was an engineer as well. She produced this whole LP and then I never heard anything else from her. What's the deal?

That's good shit right there.
    Underated "neo-soul" album.
    The M.Jackson cover is smooth.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    Was that her with that MJQ's Django loop on the 12"??
    I used to spin this shit if so, but i had a complete White Label.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Was that her with that MJQ's Django loop on the 12"??

Yes, that's her. I was so amped to get that LP BITD after hearing that song. I expected to hear more songs in that vein (sweet vocals over dope loops), but was disappointed when it turned out to be the only one like that.

Herm

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    i think the word is inept.