Lisbon digging and clubs?

NutsNuts 44 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I'm off to a week in Lisbon, Portugal, and I'm looking for some recommendations for some clubs and spots for a little digging. I ran a search, but didn't find much, so sorry if I've overlooked any guides.

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    The Yellow Pages of Losboa will help. I remember staying at a fine hotel for cheap (5 star hotel - renovation in the floors above our room - only about 30 euros a night) and looking at the Yellow Pages. Unfortunately, I was there with my girlfriend, so we spent all our time looking at sights.

Beautiful city. Make sure to ride that wooden trolley driving up a little hill. Wonderful.

They have a huge record shop at the Praca De Commercio (or whatever that place is called). It's the plaza at the end of the main shopping street. Ending at the sea/river. At the end, there's a big street. Go to the left coming from the main shopping street and keep on walking. The record shop should be some meters away from the Praca De Commercio on the left street side (there are no buildings on the right side --> river). That place is supposed to sell 100,000 thousand LPs. My friend always finds great MPS record in Portugal. But his family lives in Porto... GOOD LUCK!

Look at the doors of the buildings at the Praca De Commercio. My homies grandfather painted some of those flagstones. He also designed and painted the subway station at the Lisboa Zoo. Wonderful stuff.

• BuddahBuddah 23 Posts
    I'm in Lisbon. Drop me an email: [email]loopdigga@gmail.com[/email]

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Buddah, is there still a record store down at the Praca Commercia? How is it? I had no chance to check it out, but it sounded cool (yellow pages ad claimed that they sell 100,000 LPs). Let me know. I might be going to Porto and Lisboa this fall. Thanks in advance!

Lisbon is beautiful!

• BuddahBuddah 23 Posts
    I'm sure you mean some place else. There's a good record store owned by an old guy but it's not in Pra??a do Com??rcio. It's close enough anyway. And yeah the guy has tons of records (i've been trying to get to his warehouse for years with no luck...). There are some other cool places to go. when you come here be sure to drop an email.

cheers

rui

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    thanks rui

i took a quick look at a small map in lisboa. seemed to be near praca commercio. sorry for the confusion. hopefully, he'll let you inside his warehouse someday. my local dealer won't let me into his warehouse. we're in the same situation. bad luck...

looking forward to Portugal vs Germany tomorrow!

• BuddahBuddah 23 Posts
    same thying here. man was i in need of the blues after we played france...