White Chicks in San Francisco Doing JB Girls Funk

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
All ya'll riding for "punk funk" but didn't buy those Big Boys and Offs albums when they came out might want to get in on the ground floor this time around:http://www.myspace.com/hergracetheduchess

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    They're good.

All that's missing is soul and talent.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude, I can't even express how sad I am that they did a Betty Davis cover. Thankfully, it's not on the site anymore so I guess that's a small blessing so I won't have to listen to them massacre it.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    we rockin stilletos, ho...

• Aren't the Dansettes doing that same shite in NYC??

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Aren't the Dansettes doing that same shite in NYC??

Whoa there dude - don't put the words "Dansettes" and "shite" in the same sentence! Those three girls can SING, their backing band is killer, they're amazing live, and they write their own songs.

And actually I don't think Her Grace The Duchess are that bad. Their take on sister funk is obviously punk-influenced (or hipster-influenced if you prefer), but you can't fault them for their song choices or having the guts to take them on.

• Aren't the Dansettes doing that same shite in NYC??

Whoa there dude - don't put the words "Dansettes" and "shite" in the same sentence! Those three girls can SING, their backing band is killer, they're amazing live, and they write their own songs.

They're all great DJs, but judging by what they've recorded so far*, it may not be "shite" but dullsville will have to suffice...

*I've seen live video and didn't find it much more interesting

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    They're good.

All that's missing is soul and talent.

• SexyBNyceSexyBNyce 371 Posts
    ouch. I got the same friend request this morning. the dansettes are at least cute. that blond one walk around like she michael jackson though.