Technics dust covers? Where to buy?

DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone know of a place in the Bay Area where I can buy a Technics 1200 cover? Tried craigslist with no luck on finding this one part. Anyone want to sell theirs? I know TTL has them but they want $45 for theirs plus shipping. Not worth it.

Comments

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    ebay.com

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Funny story. I bought one. The hinges are seperate. So I've not bought the hinges and never used my dust cover.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I don't really care about the hinges. I never really take my Technics anywhere.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I'd just buy an extra slipmat to keep dust off the other one. The slipmat is the only thing that is going to retain any dust. Unless you leave your records on the player when it's not in use. Sometimes I do that, but I place the dust jacket carefully on top of the record to fend off the dust.

They sell hinges for them? I don't think mine came with any.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I know the MK2's have the hinges. I think they did away with them on the MK3's and higher.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Do these come in different flavors?

If not, I could go to a plexi shop and have someone custom build an ill one.

• bside records
    2128 dwight way
    berkeley ca

call us first 510 548 4882. but im pretty sure we can order em. i cant check right now because i dont have the dist. log ins on this computer.

ask for price. should be less than 45. and you can pick em up if you dont wanna pay shipping.

• My house is dusty as hell and so since were on the subject of dust, what's the best way to clean your records? I'm sure everyone has their own way. Let's hear em.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    My house is dusty as hell and so since were on the subject of dust, what's the best way to clean your records? I'm sure everyone has their own way. Let's hear em.

BAN

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    www.pssl.com 1-800-945-9300
    They are in stock and will ship the same day you order.