more CULT religious records LAND OF HU Lifestream

anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
what is up with this shit?we all know about that bald headed bandit spiritual counterfeit jerkoff who recorded a record in berkeley before burning down some churches and taking off with everyone's dough. what a jerk. i forget his name swami something-or-another. you know that german khrisna asshole with his face on the cover. LP is called nothing to loose and all to gain or something like that. the guy is totally arrogant and has a HORRIBLE voice. khrisna had to do damage control because of that gansta.now we got this shit...Lifestream, Land of Hu, IWP publishing, 1981 out of Menlo Park.anyone know this? blue bubble pattern cover, private label. a bunch of choral shit and melody. actually VERY intriguing and nice and SOOTHING.SRI DARWIN GROSS is the mastermind behind this jam.turns out he is gangsta too.http://www.darwingrosstruthfile.homestead.com/dgtf.htmlhttp://www.geocities.com/eckcult/lane2.htmlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eckankaroh my god these fucking cult records are much too much.anyone have a copy of the peoples temple choral record from the bay area? that shit is gangsta lean.i have had enough of this shit for one day. it's time to listen to war, delevier the word. the are from long beach, multi-racial and down to earth.also i am a huge fan of the leon russel track LADY BLUE. AMAZING to say the least.keep on diggin,ap

Comments

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    My father was a college religions professor, so I've heard of the Land of Hu somewhere along the way. But I was not aware of that backstory. Huh.

Have you heard of The Lyman Family record on Warner / 7 Arts? It's not very good, and the recording levels are even worse. But the creep factor matches both discrepancies.

• one can only wonder where you stumbled upon such a great record ;-)

hahah glad you are enjoying it though

ps. ever found out anything about frank owens related red cover 17(no teeange magazine)?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    My father was a college religions professor, so I've heard of the Land of Hu somewhere along the way. But I was not aware of that backstory. Huh.

Have you heard of The Lyman Family record on Warner / 7 Arts? It's not very good, and the recording levels are even worse. But the creep factor matches both discrepancies.

I think Lyman Family might be the cult Jim Kweskin is in.

Why have we never talked about Arica here. 3 killer cult records. The cult wasn't killer the records are. The people I knew in Arica moved on to Lifespring then EST.

• oh i am into arica you better beleive it.

• one can only wonder where you stumbled upon such a great record ;-)

hahah glad you are enjoying it though

ps. ever found out anything about frank owens related red cover 17(no teeange magazine)?

hi e*,

i have not even had a chance to sort through the last pile you gave me. i will soon.

thanks

ap