and i cant fucking wait!!!!my two cents for this month

Comments

• nobody post in this thread until 1030 pm Pacific time
    thnaks paece

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Give me your head shots.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    spoiler free for guzzzzzzzzzzzz-------------

i missed the first 10 minutes and was pretty f'd up while watching, but it seemed like not much actually happened in this episode, but it set-up a shitload of storylines for the upcoming season

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    dude!!! for those of us who have no HBO, can somebody hook up the episode?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    it definitely set up story lines

sort of like a quick pre-season episode to connect last season

its good to see the dialogue is still great

• slushslush 691 Posts
    for the no cable homies
    torrent that shit

my guilty pleasure awaits in 6 minutes, 41 seconds

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    episode was great
    nothing really happened honestly but it was just great to have another episode

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    episode was great
    nothing really happened honestly but it was just great to have another episode

Agreed that it was great to have the Vince and the retards back, but did anyone else feel like this episode was missing something...? I kind of felt like it didn't have that *edge* that I come to this show for. I want more Ari Gold shitting on Lloyd, and less boys being nice to their moms.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    You weren't watching DEADWOOD? I caught that Lucky Louie show after Entourage also. It had some moments. Not as entertaining as Entourage, but it made me laugh a lot more.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    james woods was

and did anyone catch the Mrs. Ari nipple flash, id tap.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    james woods was

Yes and Yes. Hot fire. Solid first episode; now, bring the heat.

My one goal for this season: i want Davies to get fucked.

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    james woods was

Woods yelling at his girl about his health as they drove away was hilarious!
    Enjoyed the running joke of Ari's new shithole office and the busted elevator.
    And Woods grabbing a handful of quarters out of that fishbowl was classic!

Missed the nipple flash though...
    What scene was it in?
    At the premiere?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    james woods was

I kind of figured davies was going to be written out.

No big advances but the vibe is still there. Before watching any series I like I always have that fear that they lost something between seasons, no worries this time.

I have a feeling Sloan is going to play a huge part in the upcoming episodes.

Also would love to know what happened with Turtle/ Saigon

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    for the no cable homies
    torrent that shit

my guilty pleasure awaits in 6 minutes, 41 seconds

how do you watch this?

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    This is perhaps the most stupid show on television except for Denis Leary Rescue Me.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    This is perhaps the most stupid show on television except for Denis Leary Rescue Me.

in-depth reviews like this are why I love critics

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I wanted (and expected) to hate this show when it first came on, but I just wasn't able to.
    By the end of season one I was completely hooked.

Show totally keys in on the Hollywood scene and Jeremy Piven is providing one of the best-acted characters on TV right now!

Plus, I love the fact that they film at the Urth Cafe, where I used to pick up my morning brew before starting work at The Bodhi Tree Bookstore.
    Haven't been there in years (I remember when they first opened) but they used to make one hellova cup of coffee and/or latte!

This show doesn't exactly split the atom, but it makes me laugh, the characters are good, and it always ends positively. I mean, its the feel good Guy Movie show. Its like watching Bachelor Party every week. No shame in that.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I wanted (and expected) to hate this show when it first came on, but I just wasn't able to.
    By the end of season one I was completely hooked.

Show totally keys in on the Hollywood scene and Jeremy Piven is providing one of the best-acted characters on TV right now!

Plus, I love the fact that they film at the Urth Cafe, where I used to pick up my morning brew before starting work at The Bodhi Tree Bookstore.
    Haven't been there in years (I remember when they first opened) but they used to make one hellova cup of coffee and/or latte!

I definitly think being/ working in hollywood makes the storylines that much more attractive to me. It's funny how much of this stuff borders on the reality of being in the industry.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Almost every character on that show annoys me.

Eric - he's alright. Not much to his character, though.
    Vince - this guy is your main character? Flattest lead role I've seen on a hit show, and that's including Roma Downey from "Touched by an Angel."
    Drama - I like this character the most -- probably the only one I do like.
    Turtle - why was this guy ever given a script? Hand this fool a boom mic and tell him to stay out of the line of vision.
    Ari - truly annoying. Makes me want to change the channel. I have a feeling this is what Mark Wahlberg fancies himself.

Shall I continue?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Vince - this guy is your main character? Flattest lead role I've seen on a hit show, and that's including Roma Downey from "Touched by an Angel."
    Turtle - why was this guy ever given a script? Hand this fool a boom mic and tell him to stay out of the line of vision.
    Ari - truly annoying. Makes me want to change the channel. I have a feeling this is what Mark Wahlberg fancies himself.

Shall I continue?

i agree with vince sucking and eric being boring. the rest of the cast is solid though and pivens is great. there really isn't much to the show except to show a fantasy life for most men under 40. cool toys + la + sick jobs + hot girls with fake tits= sucess.

Shall I continue?

Maybe this show is not for you...

E is the moral center of the show. Vince isn't the lead; he's the leader of their crew, but the show is as much about his relationships as it is about him.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Vince isn't the lead; he's the leader of their crew, but the show is as much about his relationships as it is about him.

exactly! the show is called entourage, it is not about the actor but rather the people around him. E's character is pretty much the angel on Vince's shoulder while Turtle & Johnny are the dimwitted devils on the opposite side.

Ari's story is probably the most intriguing, he tries to come off as all powerful but his weaknesses shine thorugh almost as often as his strengths. Its great to see a man try to battle his reality in order to keep the celebrity fantasy as real as possible.

Vince isn't the lead; he's the leader of their crew, but the show is as much about his relationships as it is about him.

exactly! the show is called entourage, it is not about the actor but rather the people around him. E's character is pretty much the angel on Vince's shoulder while Turtle & Johnny are the dimwitted devils on the opposite side.

Ari's story is probably the most intriguing, he tries to come off as all powerful but his weaknesses shine thorugh alomost as often as his strengths great to see a man try to battle his reality in order to keep the celebrity fantasy as real as possible.

The evolution of Ari's character is nothing short of brilliant. He went from the guy you loved to hate, the archetypal sleazy agent, to a very sympathetic figure. He works hard, he seems to love his wife as much as he is capable, and wants to do right in the hand- he is simply prone of humiliating and belittling you every step of the way.

Real Hooker with a Heart of Gold type stuff.

Ari's story is probably the most intriguing, he tries to come off as all powerful but his weaknesses shine thorugh alomost as often as his strengths great to see a man try to battle his reality in order to keep the celebrity fantasy as real as possible.

The evolution of Ari's character is nothing short of brilliant. He went from the guy you loved to hate, the archetypal sleazy agent, to a very sympathetic figure. He works hard, he seems to love his wife as much as he is capable, and wants to do right in the hand- he is simply prone of humiliating and belittling you every step of the way.

Real Hooker with a Heart of Gold type stuff.

I just read an interview with Piven in this month's GQ and it stated that the role was basically expanded once they saw what he was doing with the character. That's an actor's success story right there!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I caught up really late with this season. I've only seen the last 3 episodes and the finale is next week.

Anyhow, I just wanted to mention that in tonight's episode not only did they play Hiero's "At The Helm," but more importantly (to me, at least) they featured Murs' "Barbershop" in the scene where Turtle & Vince talk to DJ AM in Undefeated Santa Monica.

I'm proud of my dude.

Herm

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't have cable TV, but when I go to Philly to visit with my mom I catch up on all the "On Demand" shows. I'll basically catch up on a whole season in one afternoon. But Entourage (along with The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Sopranos etc) is pretty much the reason whey I would get cable.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    Was it just me, or has season 3 really been super average?

At the end of Season 2 I figured this could go for a while. I loved it. Now I'm wondering if I'll have any interest by the end of Season 4. They need to fire Ari, find a new enemy, or find something new as a while to throw into the mix. Get Vince to direct or something...

• Was it just me, or has season 3 really been super average?

At the end of Season 2 I figured this could go for a while. I loved it. Now I'm wondering if I'll have any interest by the end of Season 4. They need to fire Ari, find a new enemy, or find something new as a while to throw into the mix. Get Vince to direct or something...

Yeah, it hasn't been as good as the previous seasons and the two episodes before this last one we're kind of bad. Hopefully the season finale will shake things up and keep me interested for season 4.