Crunchy Black out of three 6 mafia!

Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Bsides,The answer to your prayers! No new rap albums? Crunchy Black is working on his solo LP! Can't wait for this to drop on Koch! Why is he no longer in the group? Was he kicked out? Was he too foolionic and a liability? He got Paul and J named in a lawsuit. Does he really think he can do better on his own? Plaese to discuss....From allhiphop.com:Crunchy Black Out Of Three 6 MafiaBy EbenGregoryDate: 6/7/2006 9:20 amA spokesman for Sony Records has confirmed that Three 6 Mafia Member Crunchy Black has severed his relationship with the Academy Award winning group.Although there was no reason given for his sudden exodus, the Sony representative indicated that Crunchy (real name Darnell Carlton) made the decision to leave on his own and that he was not forced out of the Memphis group. While industry insiders have speculated on the reason for his departure, the remaining members took to the radio airwaves to address the situation. In a recent interview with Hot 97???s Miss Info, DJ Paul and Juicy J indicated that they haven???t communicated with Crunchy in several months.The two further attempted to further explain his absence at the annual Hot 97 Summer Jam concert telling concertgoers that Crunchy had been replaced their Oscar Award.In March 2006, Crunchy was identified in a lawsuit filed by a Pittsburgh man who alleged that he assaulted him as Three 6 performed their song "Let's Start A Riot" at the Rock Jungle Night Club. Ramone Williams, who originally filed his lawsuit in July 2005, also named the club owners and Paul "DJ Paul" Beauregard, Jordan "Juicy J" Houston and Cedric Coleman as defendants.Crunchy is reportedly working on a new album tentatively titled From Me to You, 1 The Hard Way.

Comments

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    She just another hoe that I met in the hood
    I told her I was Crunchy Black and it was all good
    She might as well go ahead and suck on my wood
    And let me whisper something in her urr if I could.

• The two further attempted to further explain his absence at the annual Hot 97 Summer Jam concert telling concertgoers that Crunchy had been replaced their Oscar Award.

HUH???

that doesnt make sense, did crunchy misplace the award or was he replaced in the group by the award? im goin with the latter. who the hell writes these things? why did they use further twice in the same sentence?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

The two further attempted to further explain his absence at the annual Hot 97 Summer Jam concert telling concertgoers that Crunchy had been replaced their Oscar Award.

HUH???

that doesnt make sense, did crunchy misplace the award or was he replaced in the group by the award? im goin with the latter. who the hell writes these things? why did they use further twice in the same sentence?

at hot 97 summer jam, juicy and dj paul said something along the lines of "crunchy has been replaced by our oascar award" as a joke in a way to describe his absence (i think he may have left for image reasons of the group). its a mispelling in the article, that should probably read: "had been replaced by[/b] their Oscar Award"