DIY RECORDS / WONT BELIEVE WHAT YOU CAN SEE HERE

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
So this is a totaly weird DIY record guidance which I found in a german news paper. I dont know if the things you need are correctly translated but you will figure it out. The text and the comments are also translated from the original source and not from me.Copy that shit:To copy a record makes only sense when the original record is expensive. Because it costs 60 euro and takes around two days. Before the guidance you get the purchase list:- wooden strips- window cement- carpet knife/cutter- silicone which is called 00M00 30 or 00M00 25 you can get it at www.kaupo.de - pieces of color from a paintersshop- synthetic resin to refer Smooth on task 4 to get at www.kaupo.de- a plate of glass 40x50 cm In a few steps to a copied record: Nail four wooden strips ?? 36.5 cm to a framework together and putt that onto a glass plate. Seal the edges with window cement so that nothing can penetrates the outward.Clean the record because every piece of dirt will be copied too. Put the side you want to copy to your side. Form a cylinder in the center out of the window cement. Thats later for the middle whole that you have to drill in.For the next Stepps there are diffrent versions of silicone. Those two are the easiest smoot on OOMOO 30 or OOMOO 25.The two component silicone must be mixed 3 minutes. Then pour from one point all the sillicon into the form until the silicon is up to 0.5 ??? 1 centimeter in the whole form. OOMOO 30 needs 6 hours to dry, OOMOO 25 needs just 75 minutes.Cut the dried silicone at the edges with a carpet knife/cutter and take it out. On the silicon you can see now every groove and even the writing of the original record. Take care that no dirt comes onto the silicon because that would be copied too.Fore the plastic take two-component plastic called Smooth on task 4, it is the best because it is solid at the end. If your record should have a color, mix some color pigments into the liquid plastic.Pour the plastic onto the silicon but take care that only the parts of the record negative will be covered. With a brush you delete air bubbles. Take the plate carefully from the silicon form. The cylinder in the center left a mark where you can now drill a hole. It sounds almost as the original. You can do as many copies as you want from the negative. How crazy is that ?? And the article was written by a woman !!!! I didnt tryed it but there is someone her who is crazy enough to do it. Maybe Dizzy ??? That would be PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    And the article was written by a woman !!!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

jesus.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    And the article was written by a woman !!!!

Unless is was written by I don't see the relevance.

• Hmmmm...which costly raer to try this experiment on????

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    @ CousinLarry

If you got some adresses of ladys who do their records on their own I would be very delighted my friend.

Otherwise I would stay in my ignorant chauvinistic mode and wave the flag of my homeboy Jean Puetz the DIY inventor number one of Germany !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• If you got some adresse of ladys who do their records on their own I would be very delighted my friend.

Otherwise I would stay in my ignorant chauvinistic mode and wave the flag of my homeboy Jean Puetz the DIY inventor number one of Germany !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He looks like a Puetz....

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Hmmmm...which costly raer to try this experiment on????

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

If you got some adresses of ladys who do their records on their own I would be very delighted my friend.

Scratch Free Press in Toronto presses vinyl and it was started and is run by a woman.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Scratch Free Press in Toronto presses vinyl and it was started and is run by a woman.

How did she do that?

B/W

An exotic woman?

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    Anyone know what the American equivalents of 'Smooth on Task 4' are? We've got enough Garden-strutters holding down Home Despot that someone'll give it a whirl. This would be dope to pull out at a show. 'Oh, you don't have the green pressing of Thriller? Oh, shame...'

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Yo I checked this Kaupo site. There is a link to this which seems to be pretty english.

http://www.smooth-on.com/Update%208-02/thescoop2.htm

Peace
    Hawkeye

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This has been posted about 6,000 times now.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Amyone ever get involved with one of these? for $40, I might give it a shot.

http://www.hlj.com/product/GAK366439

Whadya think?

or....

?

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Amyone ever get involved with one of these? for $40, I might give it a shot.

http://www.hlj.com/product/GAK366439

Whadya think?

or....

?

I'd just like to know how the fuck you cut a record on the lid from a cup-o-noodles....