YOUR 'NOW' MUSICAL TASTES

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
I no longer care for modern soul and "boogie" type stuff. Now it's all about Led Zeppelin and other Grand Funk Railroad offshoots. I get excited at the dollar bin again.Also liking these Skippy White 'fast rap' mix CDs.

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I no longer care for modern soul and "boogie" type stuff. Now it's all about Led Zeppelin and other Grand Funk Railroad offshoots. I get excited at the dollar bin again.

Also liking these Slappy White 'fast pap' LAFF lps.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Phil Collins and Bruce Springstein

1st song on Led Zeppelin's "Presence" LP

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    I no longer care for modern soul and "boogie" type stuff.

Wut it do on some Set Sale action?

SG

• TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
    Jocelyn Brown - Somebody Else's Guy

i need to hear that song at least once a day

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    It's the same ol jazz/funk/soul shit to me. Except I have noticed that some bay area rap bug has bitten me recently. Loner folk seems to be working fine as well.

• DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
    Bruce Springstein

Mad Hassidic loner biz.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I no longer care for modern soul and "boogie" type stuff. Now it's all about Led Zeppelin and other Grand Funk Railroad offshoots. I get excited at the dollar bin again.

Also liking these Skippy White 'fast rap' mix CDs.

I was listening to Zepplin "II" on the way into the office this morning. That at Andrew Hill "Point of Departure" have been getting major play in the car. I need some new jazz though. Not new, per say, just new to me.

I was listening to Zepplin "II" on the way into the office this morning. That at Andrew Hill "Point of Departure" have been getting major play in the car. I need some new jazz though. Not new, per say, just new to me.

Try this. It's centainly to my "NOW" musical taste.

^^^ Please report to rail heds no the dale?!?!?!?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    folk

doesn't make me as squirmy and impatient as it used to, but i still proceed with caution.

i don't listen to a fraction of the free-jazz i used to

• I no longer care for modern soul and "boogie" type stuff.

I know, I'm sick of most that stuff too. Not that it ever went away but latey,I have been listening to the good old rap music, new and old.

I'm not down with the real, nor can I make sound files. Let's just say that it is pretty unique. Oh, and after you look it up in Poopsike, I'm sure even Reynaldo and NateBizzo are into it.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    Last night I accidentally smoked grass while playing horace silver's song for my father LP and ended up getting melted face residue all over my slipmats. d'oh!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Phil Collins and Bruce Springstein

1st song on Led Zeppelin's "Presence" LP

So, basically, nothing has changed.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm currently only buying lp's with blank covers.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I like anything about crack.

Music is no longer a primarily aural experience for me--instead just hearing the word "crack" stimulates some primitive animal part of my brain. All else is secondary.

In fact, merely typing the word "crack" has transported me into a world of mental bliss. Don't expect any more posts from me today.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I like anything about crack.

*sound of Guzzo hurriedly bookmarking page for reference in future personal attacks*

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

whats the deal Raj? This the boston Skippy White? I assume someone using his store to sell mix cds? Didn't the RIAA bust his store last year?

-pj

ps. not the exact one, you know, not to take yours away. but if i could have one just like it. sigh.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

whats the deal Raj? This the boston Skippy White? I assume someone using his store to sell mix cds? Didn't the RIAA bust his store last year?

-pj

I believe he means SLOPPY White... who posts here

I'm not down with the real, nor can I make sound files. Let's just say that it is pretty unique. Oh, and after you look it up in Poopsike, I'm sure even Reynaldo and NateBizzo are into it.

That's pretty much what I figured, that I would have a slim-to-no chance of running into that in the real world. But that's OK. Here's another record that makes my pants tight:

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Pretty much the same kind of stuff I've always listened to, just new (to me)stuff. I've been listening to Donny Hathaway, Bill Withers and a UK folk singer from the 60's and 70's named Jake Thackray.

• anthonypearsonanthonypearson 2,442 Posts
    Last night I accidentally smoked grass while playing horace silver's song for my father LP and ended up getting melted face residue all over my slipmats. d'oh!

ACCIDENTLY?

I LISTED TO JACK FM BATCHES.

That's pretty much what I figured, that I would have a slim-to-no chance of running into that in the real world. But that's OK.

It's a known and raer record.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

That's pretty much what I figured, that I would have a slim-to-no chance of running into that in the real world. But that's OK.

A fellow strutter once mentioned to me that they were looking for it & I couldn't turn up schitt. That's the first pix I've seen of the thing. It looks

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I'm listening to a lot of old and new/nu folk, West Coast/Laurel Canyon soft rock, FM rock mainstays like the Doobie Brothers ("Another Park, Another Sunday" is that crack), America, early Hall & Oates. Late 70's/early 80's synth stuff like Tangerine Dream's "Exit" and some of their soundtrack joints are doing it for me as well, especially in tandem with "Miami Vice" season 1 on DVD. I don't know too much about GAMM Inc., but they've been putting out some of my favourite dancefloor records of recent months, and I'm at the point where I'm pretty much copping their shit on spec - lots of slickly-executed reggae blends, disco/boogie/latin re-edits and old-fashioned c&p action that are a lot of fun to play out. I've been bumping some cumbia comps a friend did for me, along with a bunch of old Ice Cube joints, Sticky Fingaz' slept-on "Blacktrash" album, and the Scott Walker box-set from a couple of years back. Oh, and Roxy Music as well.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Lately i'm obsessed with all things Link Wray.

and Television's Marquee Moon - LATE PASS!

A fellow strutter once mentioned to me that they were looking for it & I couldn't turn up schitt. That's the first pix I've seen of the thing. It looks

I've never had or heard it, but ShowandTell had it up on his site for years - which means it's now sweated by about 300,000 collectros. I believe he also sold a copy on the bay for somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-300 bucks last year-ish.

Television's Marquee Moon - LATE PASS!

never too late for this!

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    and this!